Thread: Outlook Express Ver. 6 and Sent items

Outlook Express Ver. 6 and Sent items

Hello:

From one day to the next, my Outlook Express stopped saving my SENT Item! I do work from home and really need this to work. I went in and assured the setting indicated that there my sent items be saved, but its just stopped working!

Any hints!? I'm not completely ignorant with computers, but if someone can give me some good basic advice without being too technical, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristina :-)

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Might sound odd,but have you checked that your system time and date are correct?

If they are incorrect adjust them:

Double click the clock in the system tray,(bottom right hand corner of the screen),and on the Date & Time tab highlight the hours/minutes and type in the correct time.Also make sure the date in the left hand calendar is correct. Then click apply.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hello "Reverend:

Thanks for your response. I did try this, but it still doesn't seem to be working right? Any further advice?

Thanks again,
    Kristina

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    OK,there are some more solutions here Sent Messages May Not Be Saved in the Sent Items Folder. They are for OE 4x but may work with 6x.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    at my work i had a similar problem

when i sent email they would get stuck in the outbox even though they were sent

the problem was a folder was completly filled to the brim with emails

you can try to auto-archive any folders with multiple messages and see if that fixes or free's up the folder.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

I have similar case happen on my friend's computer. But his computer is working on Microsoft Outlook, not OE.
    Problem is : He start working on his PC everyday. He can receive mail, but when he want to send any mail, it will shore on outbox and not delivery out until he restart his outlook once.

Tech. department staff try to find out what happen on his mail box from server side. No any solution out.

Until one day, his IE can't veiw some web page. So his want to install ad-ware to remove some spyware from computer. After ad-ware completed scan and remove spyware from his PC. Then his problem solved.

Try to download ad-ware and take a full scan on your PC. Hope this can help you to solve your problem.