October 20th, 2004, 21:15 PM
Software for creating waveforms?
Hi just wondering if anyone happens to know of a good waveform creator/editor? Not just for sampling/recording but to be able to manually create the wave.
October 20th, 2004, 21:28 PM
* Multiple Document Interface for working with many files in one session
* Huge file editing: 4GB and beyond (NTFS only)
* Configurable RAM or hard drive editing
* High quality: 24 bit, 192kHz
* Real-time visuals: bar, waveform, spectrogram, spectrum, VU meter, ...
* Fast non-destructive editing. Cut, copy, delete, and undo take only a fraction of a second, regardless of the file size
* Multiple undo levels
* Many effects: distortion, doppler, echo, filter, mechanize, offset, pan, volume shaping, invert, resample, equalizer, time warp, pitch, reverb, volume matcher, channel mixer, ...
* Effect previewing and presets
* Audio restoration filters: noise reduction, pop/plick, smoother
* Supported file formats (wav, mp3, ogg, aiff, au, vox, mat, snd, voc, raw binary data, text data, and more)
* File format plug-ins for the next generation of audio compression, such as WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC.
* DirectX Audio Plug-in hosting
* Effect chain editor
* Audio CD Reader
* Batch processing and conversion
* Drag-and-drop cue points, with auto-cue and file splitting features.
* Direct waveform editing with the mouse
* Customizable tool bars
* Customizable waveform colours
* Clean, friendly, easy-to-use interface.
* Several built-in accessibility features and keyboard shortcuts
* Excellent value
it is cheaper than my no1 choice:wavlab:
WaveLab 5 is the only all-in-one solution for high resolution stereo and multi-channel audio editing, mastering, CD/DVD burning and for complete CD or DVD Audio production in outstanding audio quality. WaveLab is not just a top level mastering tool, it also offers capabilities for multimedia, sound design with samplers, radio broadcasts, and computer telephony applications. This is why WaveLab is the leading application for digital audio editing.
Exciting new features in WaveLab 5 include:
* Multi-channel surround audio support from input to output with up to eight audio channels for recording, editing, processing and mastering
* Complete DVD Audio authoring toolset, including Playlist editing, on-screen video menu design, picture slide shows, and DVD text
* User definable surround-to-stereo down-mixing
* DVD Audio burning, including video data
* DVD Audio extraction, conversion, and archiving
* New “Smart” Video Thumbnail Track for editing audio for video
* Track effects in Audio Montage
* Multi-channel metering and analysis with up to eight channels
* ASIO instant remapping for instant audio compare at the touch of a button
* New file formats: WMA Pro 5.1 and 7.1 export, AVI audio import
Other WaveLab product highlights include:
* Intuitive and fast user interface
* Complete, fast and accurate Audio Editor
* Uncompromised audio quality with up to 32-bit and 192 kHz resolution and Apogee UV22HR dithering
* Powerful Audio Montage window for multi-track editing of complex projects
* Complete red-book CD mastering toolset, including signal processing, accurate PQ editing, CD text, track-sheet and CD cover layout tools and error detection and correction
* Extended CD burning, including audio, ISO data, and mixed-mode formats
* Clip based (and now also track based) realtime plug-in effects (VST plugin support)
* Audio restoration with special DeNoiser and DeClicker Plug-Ins
* Support of a multitude of different audio file formats (WAV, AIFF, AU, MP3, MP2 (M.U.S.I.C.A.M.), RAW, Windows Media 9, etc.) and resolutions (8/16/20/24 bits with up to 192 kHz)
* AES-31 support: import and export, including interpretation of Steinberg Nuendo markers as WaveLab CD markers
* Powerful batch processing and scripting features
* Audio database support with drag and drop to Nuendo and other applications
* Support for surround plug-ins like Steinberg Surround Edition (includes eight-channel surround plugins: OctoComp, OctoX, OctoMaxx, and OctoVerb, as well as LFE Splitter and LFE Conbiner for active bass management)