Thread: help me! how to get rid of cmd.exe

Question help me! how to get rid of cmd.exe

Hello-
    everytime I start up my computer, an ms-dos window pops up and runs a program called cmd.exe. this is not something that is supposed to happen, i am not sure how to fix it. I have gone though search for file, typed in cmd.exe and deleted it, but if i do it again, it shows up again. somehow it makes a copy of itself and won't get deleted. it doesnt show up in the processes tab at all. i am not sure what it is, but i know it's not supposed to happen. is there anyway to fix this? also i tried to print screen so i could see what shows up in the window, b/c it goes away really fast, but i guess i didnt "print screen" correctly.

thanks for your help.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    check and see if its in your start>>prog>>start up folder...if it is delete it.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    oh, and um...Welcome to Techzonez.

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    check and see if its in your start>>prog>>start up folder...if it is delete it.
    no it's not there, unless it's disguised as somethign else
    thanks though

yeah i read some other posts but they didnt seem to fix my problem but i will keep trying maybe i am not doing it correctly...

I want to know why when I delete it, it comes back again and again and if there is another way to get rid of something from my comp.
    i don't have any random programs in my programs list, it's not listed under processes nor in the startup but it's running in the background i know it, b/c of when i start up it shows up, but it should not be there.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Try the Sysclean package from Trend Micro.

Download both:

Sysclean package

Official Pattern Release

NOTE:
    For instructions on how to use this package, consult the "How to Use" section of the readme file, readme_sysclean.txt. This file also contains the description and the different features of this package.

Note that for the Trend Micro Sysclean Package to be effective, you must download and place the latest pattern file in the same folder as the Trend Micro Sysclean Package.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========