Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TZ Pets

TZ Pets

rik and I where chatting on Messenger about our pets and though it would be a good idea to start a thread so everyone can share.

My dog Pepper is a Puggle (Pug and Beagle mix). She is a small 1 year old dog and very loving. Smart as a whip, she can set up, shake hands, fetch, lie down all with a little treat now and then.

Any one elese want to share?

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    My dog is my avatar. A 150+ pound bullmastiff. She chased a squirrel through my wood fence last winter. She's also chased a few Mormons and Jehova" Witnesses when they come calling.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I have Bantam chickens as my pets. They are friendly and they know what their names are (depending on their mood they approach when their names are called).

I was really sad when my once fabulously proud male died due to old age:

Titanium Member
    My buddy, "Buddy". He snuggles up to my neck all day and follows me around the house. Sometimes he will put a leg up on my neck just so he can get closer to me and rub his face on my neck.
    For breakfast he will fly to the kitchen, on his own, to take his place at the table. Sometimes, for lunch, he will leave me and find his way the the kitchen - I find him there eating.
    He has free roam of the house - cage is always open - but he prefers my shoulder at all times - even outside - I can ride my mt. bike and he will stay with me.

There are also 3 cockatiels, 1 parakeet, 2 finches, 1 big lizard (forgot name) here (my neice and nephew abandon pets here). My dog died - was a large 130+ lbs Alaskan Malamute

As a pup:

Last edited by lynchknot; October 30th, 2004 at 18:48 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Here's a not so good picture of my 2 worthless mutts. (Gotta love em) An 12 yr old Samoyed and our newest...a 6 month old Yorkshire Terror (misspelled on purpose)
    I'll try to get some better pics up tho...

Last edited by rik; October 30th, 2004 at 17:21 PM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Great looking dog Lynch! How many years did he last and what did he die of? We used to breed German Shepherds when I was much younger, but when our most intelligent and beautiful Shepherd died, my folks lost the taste for the business and quit.

Titanium Member
    He was about 4 years and was hit by a car. I used to run him on 4x4 trails for "ungodly" amount of miles - he just kept on truckin' - If he got too far ahead he would stop in his tracks and wait to see me come around the corner then take off again.
    I buried him at his favorite run - a spot where you can see both the desert floor (looking east) and the pacific ocean (looking west) high on top a mountain.

Oh yeah, I bought him as a puppy at 14 weeks for very cheap price (sold my marine aquarium) because he was bloated with worms and was basically the "runt" - but with good care and good food, he turned out fine

We did have one opportunity to run him behind a wheel sled with a pack. It was fun but scarey - they hauled ass!

He was a decendant (one of many) of the famous champion Malamute dog "Wooly Bully". http://www.alaskan-malamute.dk/Solo,...T,ch_inuit.htm

One of his many cousins: http://pdg.sla-w.com/alaskansissukof.html

Wooly Booly? http://pdg.sla-w.com/inuitswoolybooly.html

Last edited by lynchknot; October 30th, 2004 at 18:33 PM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I have a dog named "Tiger" She's a mongrel, vicious. and bites people on the ass and arms. I wouldn't trade her in for the world. She recently got fixed and had a doggie abortion because she had 9 puppies and there was no way in this world I can get rid of that many to the neighbors and so on.

She's black and medium sized. She can sit, puts out her paw, and jumps up on your leg on command. She eats like crazy, about 2-3 10 pound bags of dogfood a week. She gets walked 2 times a day usually, has plenty of shade but has to be tied up all day because she bites people she doesn't know.

She came to my house one day and begged for food. I broke out the frozen steaks and thawed them in the microwave. Tiger looked like she had lived in Ethiopia for years... She had a cut on her chest and was scruffy and mangy looking. Now she is healthy, has shiny fur and runs like crazy. She gets rabies shots every year, takes medicine for heart worms (soon she can stop), and otherwise enjoys a decent life.

I will post pics of her as soon as I can. She's a wonderful dog. I hope she outlives me cause I sure don't want to see her die.

Great lookin dog LK...dogs and guns, Always a good choice

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Back in September me and the wife went on holiday for 5 days and left our German Shepherd "Lily" in boarding kennels. On our return the wife went to collect her from the kennels and Lily was her usual bouncy self.

Whilst the wife was at the counter paying the fees Lily suddenly collapsed and subsequently died from a massive heart attack.She was a month away from her 12th Birthday.

We had her cremated,and had her ashes scattered around the grounds of a local pet cemetary

R.I.P

Lily

You might also like to read this post i made 2 years ago in uschie's "Update From The Farm" thread.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Titanium Member
    Wow, she was a beautiful shepherd Reverend

rik - though i've owned several guns and assault rifles, the one in photo is a cigarette lighter!

mmm Hard news about that Reverend. My first dog was a Beagle that I got when I was 3. Named him Ringo...after some Brit I can't remember Anyway he passed when I was 20. Lasted a long time that one...buried him in our backyard.

oh and LK...I figured as much

Titanium Member
    That's all the firepower I was willing to let the young pup handle.

Triple Platinum Member
    very nice pets ppl...sadly i dont get to keep any...i loved the bit about your "buddy" lk...

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Here's Tiger.