Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win XP Browser problems Is there an Alternative Browser

Win XP Browser problems Is there an Alternative Browser

I recently installed XP. I was using Internet Explorier that is embeded with
    XP and noticed that my ICN link (Incoming Call Notification) stopped working.
    ICN answers incoming phone calls when I am on line. It is a service provided
    by my service provider. I call them up and they say remove my pop up
    blockers. Run Adware software to see if that causes the problem. I did
    that with no luck. I do that and it still does not work. I also notice a few other links that did not work on an Office deport internet advertizement.
    I installed Mozilliz and it works with ICN link but how do I solve this problem in XP internet explorier. If I knew how to use restore maybe I could
    restore it form a few days ago. Do I have to reinstall windows to get this link to working again with XP explorier ? Is there another way?
    Maybe I should consider getting another browser and use it instead of
    using Win XP explorier. Maybe that would be better than using XP's internet explorier Third party vender's browers might help prevent unknow programs coming in and I don't know it. Maybe a third party vender's browser would work and be better than XP's brower? Can anyone suggest any other good browsers and let me know if this is true. Hopefully a browser that is free to download.
    thank you,

Triple Platinum Member

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Firefox it the winner in my books. RC1 is something very special. You can force Firefox to open all new windows in the current tab, effectively perventing new windows from opening (something I hate). I love Firefox.

Titanium Member
    Yeah, Firefox is ok.........I guess

- resistance is futile

Anyone know whats causing the ICN link not to open? That is puzzling.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Did that feature ever work after you installed XP?

The feature did work when I was using Win Me and before I installed XP.
    It was working with XP but for some reason it stopped working.
    The problem of some links not working is still a problem. I removed
    Panda (antivirus software), the firewall, Removed revved accelerator with no luck.
    I ran antispyware software. On some links I can cut and paste or type in addresses
    showen in the bottem of the screen into the addresss line and they will come in.
    The ICN link does not work in any case. I was looking for a way to restore XP
    Internet Explorier default settings without reinstalling XP. Is there a way to do
    that?? Reinstalling XP to get default settings for internet explorier is a hassle and
    a problem.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    To restore Internet Explorer default settings:

Click on Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, then click on Restore Defaults.

I did do Internet Options, Advanced, then click on Restore Defaults without luck. Is
    there any other settings? Is there anything that starts up pop up blockers when
    I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by muckmail
    I did do Internet Options, Advanced, then click on Restore Defaults without luck. Is
    there any other settings? Is there anything that starts up pop up blockers when
    I do that?
    Pop-up blocker is enabled by default. To change it go to Internet Options, Privacy, Settings.

Pop up blockers:
    I went to as stated location mentioned above in XP internet Explorer I choose Internet Options, Privacy, Settings. I see a slide bar that can sets privity settings for the internet. Is this what you are talking about. What level should it be set at? I see referance about cookies and privacy but I don't see anything about pop up blockers.
    thank you,

Pop up blockers:
    I went to as stated location mentioned above in XP internet Explorer I choose Internet Options, Privacy, Settings. I see a slide bar that can sets privity settings for the internet. Is this what you are talking about. What level should it be set at? I see referance about cookies and privacy but I don't see anything about pop up blockers.
    thank you,
    Are you using Service Pack 1 or 2? Service Pack 1 doesn't have a pop-up blocker built in.

No service packs. Running panda antivirous software. Form what I have
    read I think many people are saying SP2 is slowing windows down. SP1
    I don't know if it slows windows or not. Don't want slows downs.

No service packs. Running panda antivirous software. Form what I have
    read I think many people are saying SP2 is slowing windows down. SP1
    I don't know if it slows windows or not. Don't want slows downs.
    Don't believe everything you read. A lot of the members here have had good results with Service Pack 2, myself included.

Sooner or later I am going to reinstall. since that link was working when I first installed Win XP that will solve the problem. I am trying to isolate and figure out what I did to make that link not work so I don't do it again after the next (Hopefully final) installation.