Thread: help needed for ME

help needed for ME

Hi,

I really need help for my ME. after I reboot it, it slows down after about 4 hours, the mouse move slowly and the time lag behind, almost stop. if i leave it for 12 hours, the time maybe several hours behind and whole screen response extremely slow. but if i restart it, in a rude way, the computer just looks normal, fast speed and time is back to right until after about 4 hours. the whole thing repeat...
    i tried to scan disk, it is ok for standard scan, but i never sucess in through scan. it always says restart for 10 times because some things are written to the disk. I closed all scheduled task as i know and screen saver etc. i used ctrl+del+alt to close all the processes except systray and exploer. but still no luck. once i think i saw it said there are some cluster are not accessible, but i am not sure.
    during scan process, say after 4 hours, the slow down symptom mentioned above still appear and there are still no other process going except systray and explore.
    virus scan doesn't give anything.
    could anybody help me identify these things?
    thanks a lot,
    wabbg

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    First off you need to verify that your pc is viral free...go here for eggheads spyware removal. then I would go to run and type MSCONFIG and go to the start up tab. uncheck everything in there and reboot into safe mode and try to scandisk and defrag from safemode. I would also del the contents of your temp files in x:\windows\temp and x:\windows\internet temp. then get back to us with the results.

In addition to all of the information provided by Phishhead also know that pre XP windows ops systems are prone to a condition where memory may not be released when a program is closed. When it happens the computer runs slower because the amount of avail memory necessitates frequent movement of information in and out of that limited available memory.

I used to reboot a couple times a day (due to this condition) when using Win98.

Additional memory could help. Also consider a program to reclaim avail memory.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Windows Me is junk. Upgrade to XP.

thank you all

Hi,

I finished all the work in the Egghead's direction. After one trojan thing was removed, my computer back to normal. it can last for several days without any symptom as before. the scandisk can go through now. one software also identify more than 100 object suspicous, I removed them and feel very happy about it.

it is such a helpful place!

thanks a lot,

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi!

glad to hear your computer is working good again.

If you had a trojan on your computer it is in your best interest to download trojan hunter. this program detects many trojans that others simply cannot detect

get it here, scan your computer once to be sure your ok
    http://www.trojanhunter.com/

cheers!
    ------------------------------------------------------------