Here is my story. I installed XP into 1Ghz Duron box. First install went w/o any problems. Used XP and had to uninstall it cause I changed the hdd in this box. Second time as I were trying to install it in the middle of installation XP says something like this: Cant continue installation, hardcore error occured! "The date and time of your pc are wrong, check system BIOS."
& "Windows is unable to install product catalogue, press OK to reboot".
I posted it to old Mauisun board and if I am not mistaken FluffyChicken tryed to help me out, I may be wrong but forum got hit and one day all was gone.
As it wasnt my pc I didnt care much and I installed w2k there, went w/o any problems.
I already started to forget this problem.
But NOW!!
My own pc, amd tbird 1,33Ghz, 512DDR, gives me same error.
First time ever as I installed xp, it went w/o any problems. Then I had trouble with my Ethernet card and I made reinstall of xp. Installed new version a top of old one. No problems. But now. I formatted my hdd. And as I try to make clean install xp wont install, it gives me same error as above. And on the top of all these things, I made several reboots. I took out all tv, lan, sound cads and made several more reboots and now my pc starts to act kinda weird way. Usually before I booted from cd xp cd asked to push any key if I want to boot from cd now it doesnt ask anything. And now as I boot from cd in the routine to install xp, first comes press F6(for instaling third party raid/scsi) and then as F2(system recovey) passes pc just hangs up!
My box has latest bios, tested both drr sticks, they're ok. dont know what else to do. Both pc's also have been in internet. Not to update somethng etc, just to browse the web. And the xp version is German Professional Corp Edition.
I really cant undestand, whats wrong, but both pc's act so same way...
"Pre-Palladium", smells like this!
Maybe, maybe not.
Any ideas?
I am sorry, it came very long post now but I wanted to be sure that I gave all details.
thx