Thread: Stupid blue screen....

Angry Stupid blue screen....

i recently switched from XP home to XP pro and i cant seem to play any games on my comp, it crashs and a blue screen pops up saying lotsa stuff, mainly

BAD_POOL_CALLER, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, and most recently PFT_LIST_CORRUPT.

my comp is 3.2ghz P4/HT, 3gig of pc3200 ram(1gig 3 sticks), Geforce 6800GT, and sound blaster Audigy2 ZS. ALSO my mobo is asus P4C800 E Deluxe
    I never had these problems with XP home and i tried many things, uninstalling virus programs, soundcard drivers, vidcard drivers, reinstalling them, uninstalling SP2, im thinkin its either a OS issue or a BIOs problem

anyone else encounter this or know how to fix it?
    Last edited by Saikanon; November 5th, 2004 at 05:31 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Did you format before installing XP Pro?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Holy cow! I'd say you have every thing going on with that PC. The errors are the worst when it comes to trouble shooting (ram,cpu,PCI hardware,drivers,IRQ's,software), if it were just one of the errors then maybe not so bad.

Conan gives the best advice, if you haven't done so then format and install XP Pro fresh and not upgrade over the top XP Home.

Make sure your not overclocking

yup formated HD and no over clocking
    all drivers are upto date and installed all those pesky little updates from microsoft, think i should just go back to XP home? or reinstall PRO again? thats if i can even find the OS discs.... grr why do computers have to be such a pain in the bum...

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Bad pool caller message:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_czgw.asp

This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software.
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_czgw.asp

Interpreting the Message

This Stop message has four parameters:

1. Memory address that was improperly referenced.
    2. IRQL that was required to access the memory.
    3. Type of access (0x00000000 = read operation, 0x00000001 = write operation).
    4. Address of the instruction that attempted to reference memory specified in parameter 1.

If the last parameter is within the address range of a device driver used on your system, you can determine which device driver was running when the memory access occurred. You can typically determine the driver name by reading the line that begins with:
    Sounds like also a driver issue. Don't tell me you installed the drivers from Microsoft Update? That's not advisable. I'd recommend going to the manufacturer of your hardware and getting proper driver support from them.

Sorry I couldn't located anything on:

PFT_LIST_CORRUPT

??? That one got me.. never seen it before.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saikanon
    think i should just go back to XP home? or reinstall PRO again?
    I would start fresh, as for Home or Pro ? besides some advance networking,
    computer management and encryption ( XP Pro) thats the only difference between the two.

It does this without SP2 ?

Do you have all the latest game patches ?

What video drivers ? I use 61.77 because I had some IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with other drivers and SP2 and DEP enabled http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sp2mempr.mspx.

I disabled DEP and never had a problem since.

Ok, i reinstalled XP pro fresh, it comes with SP2 already umm i dont get a blue screen no more my computer just crashes and sometimes restarts and sometimes doesnt... my vid drivers are also 61.77 i wonder if its a sound card thing ... i couldnt find my creative disc so i had to use these other drivers from www.kxproject.com, umm yea... lol im just soo tired of this comp... if i didnt spend soooooooo much $$$ on it i would take a baseball bat to it.... i know something was fix when i reinstalled it... before when i watched anime or even was browsing the web it would randomly crash, now it only crashes when i attempt to play a online game or any 3Dgame like tribes vengance or D3....hmmm wut bat to use? metal or wooden??

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    The Guys are totally correct. The IRQ_L and Bad_Pool_Caller are completely driver related to one of your hardware devices. Like Fastgame also stated, unless you have to login to a server then XP Home should be sufficient. You could try pulling the expansion cards in the system then add them back one at a time using the current drivers till you discover which one is causing the problem. Then you can update or rollback the driver accordingly.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Go into the administrative tools, into the event viewer and look around for any strange events with the red X signifying an error.

Post the one's that occurred at the time when your PC crashed and post them up here.

That may help diagnose this issue.

If u got no problems with XP Home - why change? You get nothing useful with pro unless you use AD and if u got SP2 installed the boot screen is the same so no-one will know. I say try Home again and see if it really is software or your hardware has developed a fault coinciding with when you installed Pro. Random glitches are normally indicative of memory malfunction.

sorry..

hey there. ok first off i gotta say sorry to you because i'm in the same boat i get the same errors and i think you'll find if you do a stock install of windows xp(format and reinstall) go straight onto sp1 you'll get the win32k.sys error as welll, the bsod fields you are getting are obviously 0x0000008E, 0x0000000a, and 0x00000050 ... And your comp after you restart it problem comes up with the send error report and microsoft gives you the device driver issue but they havent a clue what it is...

ok basicly the device driver for your 6800GT isn't working, with the kernal (which is the heart of the OS ie the IRQL list) This is a known error no user action can be taken until nvidia release the latest drivers although i am running beta drivers 67.02 now these take the IRQL error pfn list corrupt and the other one away but your just left with the win32k.sys error not so bad this one if you uninstall all related network drivers but don't bother as its a rare Blue screen anyway that ones the 0x00000050. The only action i can possibly gather from all the forums i've been to update your bios for your motherboard (INSTALL THIS ONLY IN ENABLE VGA MODE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL IT IN NORMAL MODE I PLEA WITH YOU IF YOU HIT THE BSOD WHILE MID INSTALL YOU WILL PAPERWEIGHT YOUR COMPUTER but it can be reset )

To enable vga mode

After download the bios update, restart your computer
    Hit F8 every second , ie 1..2..3..4..5..6
    Enable vga mode (vga mode only uses windowsxp display drivers a little like safemode but with more drivers allowed)
    Install your bios stuff following the onscreen instructions

now go to your new bios somethings may have changed, disable all shadowing and cacheing for graphics card as it does it its self as well as with xp commands to it. if you get the win32k.sys error copy the number down and search at microsoft.com as best as you can for what your symtoms are it will probbly say its an error with your display drivers and net******* if its in your services (control pannel-> admin tools-> services) right click it, hit properties then in one of the tabs change it to "take no action" if and if you get erros back with that do the f8 thing again and go to safemode back into services and put it on what it was before or a different setting. some links below to the beta drivers

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do..._2k_67.02.html

Rivatuner (Google search this) this will fix the freeezing apparantly and some other issues try it everone seems tohave different luck with each method. before you ask why its because every system is configed differently damnit! :P

peace out