Thread: How do I configure a proxy on Firefox. I have cable.

How do I configure a proxy on Firefox. I have cable.

Will it still work on a cable hook up. I do not have a router. I do not want to spend the money for a router.

Thank you

Unless you are running through a proxy server between you and the Internet, there is no need to configure the proxy settings.

Just make sure it is set to direct connection to the internet, and surf away.

Quote Originally Posted by jseymour
    Unless you are running through a proxy server between you and the Internet, there is no need to configure the proxy settings.

Just make sure it is set to direct connection to the internet, and surf away.

I would like to set up a proxy between me and the net. Thank you for replying.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    You can try installing Proxomitron. It's a fairly popular freeware proxy app. Unfortunately I cannot find a download site for it as it is no longer supported by the developer. There is an extensive community over at Computer Cops that still supports the app and may know where to get it. If not I'm sure they can recommend another app.

Quote Originally Posted by rik
    You can try installing Proxomitron. It's a fairly popular freeware proxy app. Unfortunately I cannot find a download site for it as it is no longer supported by the developer. There is an extensive community over at Computer Cops that still supports the app and may know where to get it. If not I'm sure they can recommend another app.
    I tried multiple proxy softwares. IMO they did not work for me because I am on cable. Advice Anyone?
    Thank you for replying.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    I tried multiple proxy softwares. IMO they did not work for me because I am on cable. Advice Anyone?
    Thank you for replying.

Proxy SW should work regardless of the connection type. I ran Proxomitron on a T3 connection and it worked fine. But anyway Efc posted a great router deal in this thread. Only 14 dollars or so.