Thread: Can't install Nero, -error applyng tranforms-??

Bronze Member

Can't install Nero, -error applyng tranforms-??

I'm trying to install Nero Express (CD burning program) and I keep getting the message "error applying transforms. verify that the specified transform paths are valid." and the installation stops.

What is the fix for this?
    (running XP)

Thanks,
    Halder

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.nero.com/us/Nero_5_Clean_Tool.html

Try using that tool, then reinstalling. Make sure you are using the latest NERO software. That tool cleans up any previous nero installs and should make updating that much easier.

Bronze Member

Thanks,

That fixed it. Thanks for the advice and help! Much Appreciated.

As a note, I was trying to re-install Nero because it suddenly “refused” to “save to hard drive” when I attempted to save some Audio tracks on the HD for later listening.

As Nero did not want to save, I thought that Nero was buggy so I deleted it and went for a reinstall when I ran into the install problem.

The real reason why Nero did not want to “save to hard drive” as I found out later, was that my hard drive was full and had no space to save to!! I guess it would have helped if Nero had a little dialogue box that said – Hard Drive Full, Cannot save or something like that.

Thanks again
    Halder

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Glad to have helped and thanks for adding that bit about the hard drive being full. Sometimes the simplest answers are just the hardest to remedy. But you got this one sorted and that is grand!