Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winamp's final days here...

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar

Winamp's final days here...

The last members of the original Winamp team have said goodbye to AOL and the door has all but shut on the Nullsoft era, BetaNews has learned.

Only a few employees remain to prop up the once-ubiquitous digital audio player with minor updates, but no further improvements to Winamp are expected.

Winamp's abandonment comes as no surprise to those close to the company who say the software has been on life support since the resignation of Nullsoft founder and Winamp creator Justin Frankel last January.

read full story,
    http://www.betanews.com/article/Deat...amp/1100111204
    ------------------------------------------------------------

This would be the appropriate moment for me to suggest QCD (quintessential player) to you guys Try it out!
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I love my QCD player.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    LMAO...I think half of TZ is already using QCD.

i still use winamp for the large plugins but i am now looking at this cool player as winamp gets outdated

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    I'm digging it. I just installed it.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Titanium Member
    Is Quintessential better than Jet?

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    In my opinion and for my use - yes.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

The sound quality of Winamp is great. I also like WMP9. Good thing is winamp can't really be improved too much more now. QCD always seemed muffled to me....even after tweaking the equalizer.

odd.. to me, winamp always seemed muffled. thats why i just bit the bullet and started useing WMP10.

i will definately check out that QCD

anyone have a link to QCD?

you know what guys, you really have to give respect to a great program that indirectly helped fuel a revolt against the music industry. I can't tell you how many hours winamp has been open on my desktop over the past 6-7 years. I've made large amounts of cash from DJing using this program and will miss updates greatly... however as it's already been pointed out... this program can't make many more adjustments it's already a great prog...
    Last edited by cardriver; November 11th, 2004 at 18:20 PM.

thanks to rex for the link in his sig.

www.quinnware.com

Sounds very promising

Sweet guys. Im glad you are liking it. Qcd is good software and will always remain freeware, of that im sure. Btw there is a huge update coming up (v5.0) I have no other details yet, the designers of qcd are keeping silent for now.
    Get Quintessential player, the alternative to winamp! ( www.quinnware.com )

Cool Winamp

HI guys,

I am new here but saw this post so wished to say something on it.

Rex Mundi is absolutly correct. I use to use Winamp and about a month ago when hearing whispers winamp was dieing (was tired of it anyway) I came over to QCD player and have not been sorry for doing so. In my estimation QCD is the best. http://www.quinnware.com/ try it out, you wil not be sorry.

Now somone here says that QCD always sounded muffled or something. A player will only be as good as your soundcard and speakers and if they are not any good, then your software is not to blame for that. QCD is a high quality media player and I have tried them all over the last month and came back to QCD. The other players either froze up, or the directories would not fully load and kept getting errors etc. I got errors with foobar (horrible looking thing from the cro-magnum age) and some other players and also got errors. I beleive that some players hate large directories. But no errors came with using QCD and that is the truth.

Everyone has thier preferences on which player is best for them. Just pick the correct one that pleases you and move on from there. However, I can fully recommend QCD for its fine quality and sound. I use a 5.1 speaker system of logitech on my computer and it is great.

Y'all take care now and good luck on your hunt for a new player now that winamp is on it's way out, (it will not go away, winamp will be around a long time) but QCD is better.

Dakota SunRunner

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Mundi
    Sweet guys. Im glad you are liking it. Qcd is good software and will always remain freeware, of that im sure. Btw there is a huge update coming up (v5.0) I have no other details yet, the designers of qcd are keeping silent for now.

I tested winamp, QCD and WMP9 on the same system. Soundblaster Live with Creative inspire 4400. Used Jazz equalizer on all of them. And WCD sounded the worst...just my opinion