View Poll Results: which one has better quality?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Systemax

1 12.50%
  • Dell

7 87.50%
  • Gateway

0 0%

Thread: Who makes a better PC, Systemax, Dell or Gateway?

Who makes a better PC, Systemax, Dell or Gateway?

As regards to quality per dollar?
    Feel free to respond.
    Thank you

Bronze Member
    I've only used Dell and they have always been great quality. The cases are nice and easy to take apart (when you can figure them out! hehe) and they are usually fairly upgradable. I've used them at home and at work, and both places they have been very well done. We actually bought 200+ dell servers and we are still finding neat things with them. I've also had friends that have had gateways and they seem to be a little more propietary(you have to use 'gateway' RAM and such to upgrade). But it has been a while since I've seen or used a gateway so I'm not sure if that's still how they do things. And I've never even heard of Systemax, I checked thier site but couldn't find anything to build a computer. So anyways, based on my experiences I would choose Dell. Just my opinion though. Hope this helped.

Yeah Dell has the objective of screwless cases. No need a screwdriver at all!
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Mousesk
    I've only used Dell and they have always been great quality. The cases are nice and easy to take apart (when you can figure them out! hehe) and they are usually fairly upgradable. I've used them at home and at work, and both places they have been very well done. We actually bought 200+ dell servers and we are still finding neat things with them. I've also had friends that have had gateways and they seem to be a little more propietary(you have to use 'gateway' RAM and such to upgrade). But it has been a while since I've seen or used a gateway so I'm not sure if that's still how they do things. And I've never even heard of Systemax, I checked thier site but couldn't find anything to build a computer. So anyways, based on my experiences I would choose Dell. Just my opinion though. Hope this helped.
    This is where you configure systemax:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...p?Base=1044893
    It is by TigerDirect. Thanks for the replies.

Titanium Member
    Fastgame or Phishead can hook you up much better than Dell-boy, Wasteaway or Systemtax. But to answer your question - I can't - sorry.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Fastgame or Phishead can hook you up much better than Dell-boy, Wasteaway or Systemtax.
    LOL! but we can't do it cheaper because we use top of the line parts and I don't know if veronica lives in the US ?

veronica are you thinking of getting a new PC because of the problems you've had lately ?

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    veronica are you thinking of getting a new PC because of the problems you've had lately ?
    No. My 1st PC broke after 7 months.
    My present PC is 22 months old. I am always looking. I was wondering if I

could have bought a better PC. I am always having problems with PC's. I

currently have a Gateway. I do not like to wait till the last minute, then it is a

mad dash.

Thanks to all who replied.

none of the above!!!

ME!!!!

i have a dell and i musst say that so far i am pretty satisfied with it..... got a pretty good rig and i think i am getting what i paid for
    Cheers,
    Bringing The Humanity Back Into Computing

I am really happy with the Dell customer service. So quick and nice. No long holds on the phone.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield