Thread: Microsoft Search Engine

Microsoft Search Engine

does anyone know if Microsoft has a new name for their search engine... and if so what is it? I'm curious to see how the Microsoft/Google search engine wars play out... I'm kind hoping for google, however Microsoft when given competition has a good record of coming out on top...

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    As far as i know its just simply gonna be called "MSN Search".

http://beta.search.msn.com/

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Triple Platinum Member
    who powers the already existing msn search ??

Quote Originally Posted by cardriver
    ...Microsoft when given competition has a good record of coming out on top...
    More than 20 years observation are the basis for my comments about Microsoft.

1. Ignore new inovations until they prove popular and start to gain market share.
    2. Copy that technology and change it just enough to make the claim that you developed it yourself. example: java
    3. When your competitor begins to gain market share; sue, attempt to buy them out, incorporate your product into Win so that your product works better than the competitor, and use leveraged contracts with vendors to exclude the competitor from new computer sales.
    4. Keep the competition in litigation for years.

Yea, they will probably win. Microsoft is a monopoly. At least they were before Linux came along. Viva the Penguin.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    but you cant play MOHAA or COD on any linux flavors. So until they get the games down the penguin will be taking the back seat.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    This a tad off topic but I did a search for "Techzonez" on the new MSN search and got a few really great entries. One found at this link: http://www.arnoldit.com/news/2003011...ez2003115.html
    Gives our little site a pretty cool review.
    Last edited by rik; November 14th, 2004 at 03:05 AM.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I figured they might call it "Moogle"

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    but you cant play MOHAA or COD on any linux flavors. So until they get the games down the penguin will be taking the back seat.
    I agree. I don't play games yet my transition to Linux has been one step forward, two back. It will be a while before Linux is my primary OS.

That brings us to the place that Microsoft has excelled in. They have made it possible for people without extensive computer knowledge being able to accomplish basic tasks in an automatic fashion. I am speaking of installing new programs and hardware. Linux has a long way to go to catch up here.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efc
    I agree. I don't play games yet my transition to Linux has been one step forward, two back. It will be a while before Linux is my primary OS.

That brings us to the place that Microsoft has excelled in. They have made it possible for people without extensive computer knowledge being able to accomplish basic tasks in an automatic fashion. I am speaking of installing new programs and hardware. Linux has a long way to go to catch up here.

(Off topic, sorry)

MACs are even easier in that respect. Installling software is as easy as copying the application to the applications folder. Why is it then, that they are are less popular than PCs? Price?
    Last edited by SupaStar; November 14th, 2004 at 02:07 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaStar
    (Off topic, sorry)

MACs are even easier in that respect. Installling software is as easy as copying the application to the applications folder. Why is it then, that they are are less popular than PCs? Price?
    I guess it's the inability to build one yourself plus the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    I figured they might call it "Moogle"
    bahahahah!