Thread: New HD, No Sound

New HD, No Sound

Today I got a new 80 gig HD and set it up as a slave drive to my 40. Everything was working fine, except for the fact that I have no sound, and my internet explorer keeps crashing. Right now I'm using Mozilla, which works better anyway, but there's still something wrong.

I also may have a virus, as I was getting an error about a 'bridge.dll' module not starting. I browsed some other forums, and now I don't get the 'bridge.dll' error on startup, but I still have the lack of sound an internet explorer problems.

Titanium Member
    Hello, i9km - i'm just posting to welcome you here to Techzonez. Sorry I can't help you with your problem but someone will be around soon, hopefully, to help you out.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    if you have viruses you should try a trojan scan,

you can use trojan hunter (review)
    get the program here

Bridge.dll definition, relationships:
    Startup entry for bridge.dll: RunDLL

bridge.dll is related to adware Flingstone Bridge. File bridge.dll is related to adware WinFavorites.

You should check out the spyware removal thread here.
    it well help you get rid of the spyware on your computer and remove the error.

Sound problems: Have you updated your soundcard drivers? are the speakers connected, plugged in etc......

who is the soundcard maker?

good luck and welcome to techzonez
    ------------------------------------------------------------

also make sure that you have the right sound input selected in your sounds directory in the control panel...

From the spyware removal thread:
    Step 2: Scan your computer for viruses and trojans that can prevent the spy removal tools from working. It is best to use the online virus scanners in this thread regardless of what antivirus programs are installed on your computer. If I could count the number of times I have heard someone say " My computer has antivirus protection built-in so i don't need the online scanner" only to try it and find multiple trojans and infections on their computer.
    Here's the problem: I cannot use the program for internet explorer, because that crashes every time I go to a new webpage. I cannot use the program for netscape (which I downloaded for the specific purpose of running that program) because it says it cannot find my plugins directory (despite me trying to tell it every directory related to Netscape within my Program Files folder).

I've already tried all the basic stuff for my sound (re-installing drivers, make sure it's plugged in, etc.), and after TrojanHunter finishes scanning I am going to restart my computer. I just deleted my sound card from Device Manager, so when Windows starts back up, I'll let it download and install everything over again.

I'll be back with an update once I restart my computer.

Okay, so I rebooted my computer, and now I have sound. Quite frankly, this is all I really care about.

Thanks for all of your help, guys.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Glad it's worked out. And again Welcome to Techzonez.