Thread: Photodraw naming files

Photodraw naming files

Just recently installed Photodraw2000 on Windows XP, when saving files it will only save the first letter of the file name. For example if I saved a picture where I typed in Front, it only saves it as an F. If I try to save the next picture as "Frap" it wont let me save it because there is already an "F" saved.

It did not do this on my other computer which was running Millinium. Any ideas...this is a real pain.

thanks
    Leo

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    reinstall? I dunno.

Welcome leot. I have had Photodraw 2000 once upon a time until I changed to Office 2003. I ran it on Windows XP and had many problems with it, all of which was solved by the great guys here in this forum.

You should try this: Go to the Photodraw.exe or start menu shortcut and right-click on properties and go to the compatibility tab. You should select program compatibility and set it to run as Windows 98/ME. This should solve your problems. If not, I am really not sure. One of the Photodraw dynamic link libaries don't really work well with XP so that casues alot of problems. This should fix all Photodraw program related errors but I cannot ensure that it will work. Just try it and reply.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

I had already done the compatibility routine so I could open photodraw....but that did not help the file nameing problem

I tried to reinstall the program and the following came up:

16 bit windows subsystems
    c:\winnt\system32\autoexec.nt
    the system file is not suitable form running msdos and Microsoft windows applications.
    Chose close to terminate

my choice is Ignore or close, both have the same effect...just takes my back to the install screen

Upgrade to visio or dual boot XP and ME??? Use ME when you need to use photodraw and use XP for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Upgrade to visio or dual boot XP and ME??? Use ME when you need to use photodraw and use XP for everything else.
    With the money that you can spend on Visio, why not buy Photoshop instead! its better and more picture oritented. Visio is more for people who create diagrams like building plans not to create nice graphics.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

The GIMP is a robust FREE photoshop alternative that works as good as photoshop and in some cases even better. It loads faster as well even on slower systems!