Thread: Peer Guardian

Peer Guardian

I downloaded Peer Guardian a couple of days ago. I'm still not sure how it works. When I look at the log I enter the IP number to see who it is. On the ones I want to have blocked do I enter the information onto "Add New Range"? I have added some but on the Status Window it says 0 blocked. Am I doing something wrong?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    you need to update the server.met from various websites or get a blockip manager. Do a google and you'll be fine on those key words.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Actually, you need to update a file called "guarding.p2p" for PeerGuardian.

I don't know of any current sites that have an updated list (you can probably try google to find one but be sure it's a trusted/reliable source).

If you looking for applications to make your PC more secure, I would recommend an application called Protowall (a discussion thread can be found here: http://techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8658) and I use another application called The Blocklist Manager to keep it up to date (another discussion thread on that here: http://techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10332)

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    man what was I thinking... was messing inaround with some emule configs...thanks stripe for clearing it up.

Thanks, I'll check it out. So, when I enter the information into the "add new range" box, it's not going to block that particular company? I'm so confused.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    When you add an address into the "add new range", it will block that IP address from connecting to your pc.

thank you stripe