Thread: My router gives me bad connection

My router gives me bad connection

I have a linksys router BEFSR41 ver. 2 and when I am on AIM I will connect fine and then after like 2 minutes I will loose connectivity and I will try to get info on a buddy and it will just say "please wait..." and then it never loads. It will either connect back after like 30 seconds and then if I am talking in an IM all the messages that were sent during that period all get sent at once so I get like 5 IMs at the same second. Sometimes it will disconnect me than reconnect me and I will have connection for another 2 minutes that it messes up again. This has to do something with my router cause when I direct connect to my modem I have no problems. But all the other computers connect through this router work fine and don't have any of the problems I have. I don't know why this is happening, I notice sometime websites will not load for a little bit sometimes but its not such a big deal but it just shows my connection is messing up. I have tried flushing my DNS but that didn't work. I tried opening AIM port 5190 and that didn't work. I tried changing my DMZ host ip address but that didn't seem to help either. Does anyone know what I should do?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi!

my first thought was a dialler program disconnecting your isp and calling long distance and using internet access overseas so you rack up big bucks in long distant charges

but you are using a router and probably high speed internet that shouold not be a problem

but you should scan for spyware
    read this
    http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9739

good luck
    ------------------------------------------------------------

yea that didn't really help I still have bad connection