Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech MX1000

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Logitech MX1000

I bought one. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, but it just setting in the palms of my hands when I bought it gave me the hives.

Cannot wait to play with my new laser mouse. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for these to be available in japan. Finally today when I went into the PC shop nearby they had it.

It was 9800 yen plus tax and comes with Japanese box and manuals. But I don't care as long as it works fine with my English OS.

BB I got this mouse roughly 2 weeks after it was released to the market... this thing is damn tight... if you want to use the side to side scroll wheel function or the application switcher button then install the software that goes with it... if all you want is the up and down scroll and the backwards and forwards buttons... then the standard windows driver will work... note: I beleive that tbe provided Logitech software for the use of the 2 functions also comes with a 21 meg ram footprint... been a couple of months since I used it though I do remember it was large though...

other then that this mouse gets a 10/10 from me!!! very kickass!!!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    MX1000

I am thrilled to be using it now. All I can say is it's like rubbing your hand over some KY jelly.

It's the fastest mouse I have ever used. By far one of the most feature packed, with over 8 buttons to choose from. Including a Scroll left and right with the mouse wheel.. amazing.

Features:

* Rapid-charging base station makes sure the mouse is always ready, and the lithium-ion battery never needs replacing
    * Universal page forward and back, plus an application switch that quickly moves between open windows
    * Wheel tilts for side-to-side scrolling
    * Cruise Control rocker for speed-scrolling up and down, and zoom with a click of the wheel
    * Compatible with Windows 98, 2000, Me, XP, and Macintosh OS X and higher

It's wireless and rechargable and doesn't weigh much because there's no batteries. It does weigh a bit more than the mx510 that I also have on another PC. But it is fast and is laser based. So you can use it on almost any surface.

Image of the beast below:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Go ahead and get one, you won't be sorry.

PDF DATASHEET

Some more information about it. I've used it less than an hour and I can tell you I will never go back to optical!

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Man, remember when used to say "Optical is great, I am never going back to the ball thingy"
    I gues this will happen with cable broadband too someday. We will say, remember how slow it was internet at 3 Mb download ? I am never going back again

awesome, i've been looking at these lately. i really want one.. but i'm tryin to save some money. i might be able to talk myself into it and but it so i can take the one currently at home and bring it here to work. cuz this one blows.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    What did you do with your MX 510?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Is it really better than the MX510 ? can you notice a difference ? what ?

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    it might sound weird, but I can't get away from my trackball. marble mouse
    I started using one of this 3 years ago, and I have only changed to a newer version because it was a bit more updated optical technology, plus since it is black, it matches the keyboard and monitor
    I used other types of mice at work, from everything, until I finally 2 years later decided to buy a trackball for work too

Titanium Member
    Man, you guys are missing out. Once you get used to (at least a full day)the ultimate trackball - IMO - there is no going back to a regular mouse - all you move is your fingers - the ball spins like is riding on air. Let your fingers do the surfing -

They're going to laugh at us DEH!

What they think of trackballs:

Last edited by lynchknot; November 30th, 2004 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    What they think of trackballs:
    I'll tell what I think....anyone who uses a trackball is a Masochists, a true glutton for pain Thats like trying to chew gum and sing at the same time

I think Santa should send you two a MX 510 so you can start to enjoy your computing experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    it might sound weird
    It sure does
    Last edited by FastGame; November 30th, 2004 at 03:01 AM.

Titanium Member
    au contraire FG! -
    like trying to chew gum and sing
    -more like having to move the whole mouse, fingers, wrist, elbow, shoulder. With trackball, all you move is your fingers. I started with a regular (optical) mouse and always hated all the movements involved. Besides, I develop Computer Use and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome when I overuse my wrist.

I have spent much time at store testing each mouse - all I want now is a pen/tablet mouse for theme creation (photoshop work).

hehe, I like to recline in my chair with my mouse on belly - completely motionless (aside from fingers) - surfing the net - it's great!

I really don't think a laser is any difference - the basic operation is the same - you have to move the mouse - that's my problem.

Now what they need to come up with is an eye tracking mouse mounted on monitor - you look somewhere at screen and blink. haha, left eye wink, right eye wink - of course I may develop tunnel eye or something -

hehe, as kaosAD once said at his board:

Quote Originally Posted by KaosAD,Nov 21 2003, 12:07 PM
    I hade my reservations about 5yrs ago when I bought my first trackball. Trackballs are great, especially when you don't have little girly hands and can't find a mouse to fit your hand. Here's my trackball http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...459869?v=glance but someday I will own a http://www.kensington.com/html/1159.html They are great for manipulating points/wireframes and btw dj, if you think they are just for kids, jump on a UT server and after I frag you until you cry like a little school girl we'll see how you feel :laugh:

BTW, I have been using computers since 1987 and when I switched over to a trackball all my hand cramps and stiffness went away. I was to the point of thinking about going to a doctor about it but the trackball fixed it over time.
    [snapback]78846[/snapback]
    Last edited by lynchknot; November 30th, 2004 at 03:41 AM.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynchknot
    Besides, I develop Computer Use and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome when I overuse my wrist.
    To minimize that you need a chair with a good armrest and it should be height adjustable.

Titanium Member
    Yeah but I like to recline with my feet up on desk and mouse on my stomach. With regular mouse, I would have to pick it up 500 times a day when I run out of room on my belly.

Originally Posted by KaosAD,Nov 21 2003, 12:07 PM, if you think they are just for kids, jump on a UT server and after I frag you until you cry like a little school girl we'll see how you feel :laugh:
    OMG there's a reason that quote is a year old, after that guy made his outrageous claim he got his a$$ whipped so bad in UT he went into hiding !

Anyhoo there's no reason to argue, for those who can still move without pain, those who want the BEST in hand eye coordination then there's the MX 1000

Titanium Member
    haha, he bought a new trackball after that post.

Who's arguing Fasty? I'm stating my preference on BB's thread effectively hijacking it - hehe, sorry BB -

Like I said, I tried many mice - the trackball is for me - but, be aware, it's for those with advanced hand (finger) eye coordination only (I am ambidextrous) - it frustrates those who cannot condition their minds to operated them efficiently, therefore blaming the mouse for inefficiency -

FG, care to pit your mouse vs my trackball on the racetrack? -
    Last edited by lynchknot; November 30th, 2004 at 04:34 AM.