Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Cube players out there?

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I don't really like the PS2 controllers. I don't like controllers in general. I play a lot in the PC and I had owned at least 7 different controllers, some very similar to PS2. It is nice for having on hand, but playing Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter is imposible in those controllers
    In my opinion Sega Megadrive had the best controllers (6 button) I could play MK ultimate with the controller on my hand or in the table
    I have no problem with the GC controllers, thought I tend to forget that there is a Z button. Just leave my Logitech MX keyboard, and the marble mouse and I am happy
    BTW, the only RE remake was RE (or RE rebirth also called)
    The others were ports or just a completely new game as RE0
    I recomend to any person that doesn't know much about RE (like my brothers) to first play a little at least of the original one (like for the PC or PSX), then play the remake IMy brother asked my why I liked the game, and I was so mean that I lean him the PC version (director cut), then in the weekend when he came I actually showed him the GC version

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Man, i hated the original RE on ps1, i'm a bit bias though, i played RE 2 first

I came back to RE soon after completing 2, and i gave up when i got the the stair case!

lmao, the loading times on the original ps1 game we're just unbearable, and the storyline bored me, so i switched it off and never went back to it.

When i saw that they had re-made the game for GameCube, i snapped up the chance, and was absolutely estatic that the loading times were gone, and the graphics completely revamped to near life like!

The graphics on the GameCube version is simply amazing, so life like, it's unreal, i was hoping they was going to remake every game, because now RE 1 remake is one of my favourite games of all time, but nope, they just ported the other games over with exactly the same graphics as before

Very pissed off with that, they could of made such a difference, but i guess they just wanted a quick buck, and couldn't be bothered!

Nevermind, maybe one day a company will be created that specializes in just game remakes, keeping *everything* about the original, but just updating the graphics and sounds to the next generation of consoles to keep the most classic games of all time, alive forever!

Imagine Final Fantasy 7/8 with GameCube graphics, now that would just be the best games ever!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; December 15th, 2004 at 16:21 PM.

That is a great idea for FF. I am still playing VIII since I lost the save files that I had (in disc 3 nonetheless), but now I am playing the game very throught. I have a lot more items, and almost 2 the level that I had in my previous game. I have gone a bit sidetracked with the other games, since FFVIII I decided to play it on the PC, but ever since I moved a lot of aplications to a separate computer (my new "SERVER") I can use my PC to play
    BTW, last night I was playing in the XBOX (my sister's) while I was installing Windows 98 inside Virtual PC in 3 desktops (until 6 AM) and I have to say, the controller sucks for fighting games. My fingers hurt so bad, trying to find the buttons around. With my brother we managed to finish the whole game in very hard, but still today I feel the pain. I got to say I kind of like the dreamcast controller

I actually played FF-10 before i played 8

After completing X, more times then i can count, my craving for another Final Fantasy was too great, and i went online and bought the only ever Final Fantasy game that ever tickled my fancy, and that was Final Fantasy VIII back in 1999.

I bought the game about 3 months ago, and completed it once, i whopped the games ass, it's was a great game, better then X in some ways, junctioning magic is the best system ever!

But unfortunately, disk 1 is now scratched, so i can never start the game again, i heard this was a common design flaw with Final Fantasy VIII, both my friends have suffered the same fate over the past 5 years.

They suck badly, one little scratch and the disk is ****ed, unbelievable really, it actually scratched as i was 3 hours towards the end of the disk, and i stayed up ALL NIGHT, battling game freezes and ULTRA slow movie scenes

I eventually completed the disk by 6am, and after i saved it, the game still crashed, lol, so i was very releaved to finally get to disk 2!

Look after your disks Dech, not sure if it's just as bad for the PC version, but my In fact, my friend just purchased the game again for ps1 and he is going to put the disks in a vacuum in space to stop them getting scratched

P.S. Dech, is Final Fantasy VIII for PC better then the ps1 version?

I read from an official Final Fantasy website that the pc port sucked big time.

The PC port is exactly as the PS. If they say it sucked it was because it could have been so much better. It is a port from the JPN version, not the US version, so it includes chocoworld, which is a great way to get rare items and a couple of extras. The game does need a Joystick, because it feels clumsy on the keyboard, and takes a while to learn the KB mapping. I did have that problem with disk 1 too in the PC, but I got my version used already, so I don't know how it was taken cared before. Advantage for the PC, is that you can actually copy the game and used the backup copy , that is what I did to avoid the long times it was taken for the movies. There is also a bug with the graphics but eidos UK has a patch that works perfectly.
    I posted about it here http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...22&postcount=6
    As a final Note (and returning to the topic): I wn't be playing GC until the release of RE4 now, since I finished yesterday RE in 2:23:45, so I have unlocked the rocket launcher (my goal), now I have to finish REII and RE3, which I have for the PC and Dreamcast. So., I will be playing them in the PC (I like the memory card on the PC )

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    I wn't be playing GC until the release of RE4 now, since I finished yesterday RE in 2:23:45, so I have unlocked the rocket launcher (my goal), now I have to finish REII and RE3, which I have for the PC and Dreamcast. So., I will be playing them in the PC (I like the memory card on the PC )
    Nice job!

I just picked up Animal Crossing, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Megaman Network Transmission yesterday, so I will be very busy playing my Cube! ^_^ Have you ever played Animal Crossing? It's such a weird game! I'm still not sure exactly what my goal is. All I know is I have to finish paying of my house which is crazy expensive.

That is why I just rent

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    The PC port is exactly as the PS. If they say it sucked it was because it could have been so much better. It is a port from the JPN version, not the US version, so it includes chocoworld, which is a great way to get rare items and a couple of extras. The game does need a Joystick, because it feels clumsy on the keyboard, and takes a while to learn the KB mapping. I did have that problem with disk 1 too in the PC, but I got my version used already, so I don't know how it was taken cared before. Advantage for the PC, is that you can actually copy the game and used the backup copy , that is what I did to avoid the long times it was taken for the movies. There is also a bug with the graphics but eidos UK has a patch that works perfectly.
    I posted about it here http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...22&postcount=6
    As a final Note (and returning to the topic): I wn't be playing GC until the release of RE4 now, since I finished yesterday RE in 2:23:45, so I have unlocked the rocket launcher (my goal), now I have to finish REII and RE3, which I have for the PC and Dreamcast. So., I will be playing them in the PC (I like the memory card on the PC )
    Thanks for the info Dehc!

I read really bad reviews, regarding mostly the sound/music, but they did say the graphics was really improved

I think the next copy of FF8, will have to be on the pc, thanks for convincing me, merry christmas!

Merry Chrstmas to you too
    I got today ONI, Baldur's Gate II and Dino Crisis 2, all for 15 at EB
    That is why I love PC games, after a while you can buy them really cheap

FFVIII...WHAT A GAME..havent played it in a good year or two since i bought it back in 2000 but it's never left my room! No one can convince me to let them borrow it I been contemplatin playing any of the FF for sum time now but cant find the time! Wot do u lot think of FF9...i quite enjoyed it and thought it was underrated! It's no where near comparision to FF7, 8 or 10 but better than FFX2 (Yeah i brought that too )

BTW I own FF 7 and 8 on the PC and i reckon the ports look better on the PC...graphically you can clearly tell the difference between them, much smoother and the FMV's look quality! I tried playing the PSone versions after playing PC versions and it was no way near as fun!

FF12 looks awesome...but not better than the upcoming Zelda

An update on ff-x2, i finally completed it the other day, one of the hardest and most boringness things i've ever had too do!

It has taken me more then 6 months to dumb down my mind and forget about the greatness of ff-x to play the final installment, and i've just got to say, it was kinda worth it.

I just had to play it, for the storyline, it's got a great storyline, it's just the format is all gay!

They copied SO much from ff-8, and done a poor attempt of making the game sexy for nerds.

The music in ff-x2 is good, but not outstanding, if you look at the credits at the start of the game, the muscial composer of ff-x2 isn't Nobuo Uematsu, the amazing guy who was head of the music for ff-x

He's my favourite classical artist now, downloaded the whole 88 song 4 disc cd sound track to ff-x because i fell in love with every piece of music there was!

So that was another disappointment about ff-x2, i still think it's one of the worst sequals of all time, but if you have already paid for it, you might as well get the most out of it, even if you just want to tear up the disc in anger for ruining such a great game format

Quote Originally Posted by r_a_s_10
    FF12 looks awesome...but not better than the upcoming Zelda
    hellz yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by GimieGimieGimie
    He's my favourite classical artist now, downloaded the whole 88 song 4 disc cd sound track to ff-x because i fell in love with every piece of music there was!
    I have the original DDR soundtrack. "Ay ay ay, where's my samurai?"

^_^

Yeh Nobou Uematsu has done the music for FF7, 8, 9 and 10...as far as I'm aware and yeah i gotta admit he does a great job because every piece suits the actual scene ur in!

FFX-2...i played it simply to see what happenes in the end...but i didnt enjoy doing all them side missions as i did with the previous FF's. And some of the things the characters came out with jus sounded a lil too stupid....i dunno whether they were trying to make it Charlies Angel or sumthin by tryin to add sex appeal to it but well it didnt work..i jus found it corny!! But then again I found Charlies Angel corny too At least FF12 looks good....also theres another sequel to FF7 (not advent children) but an actual playable one where u control Vincent which sounds interesting

PS lol@DDR sountrack

Well, I beat yesterday Oni on Normal mode (I had finished before, but wanted to do it again)
    Now, there was a problem.....The game closes when it finishes the last video, without saving. Supposely I can enter a cheat code later, but there is no cheat enable in the game