Thread: Random Question

Silver Member

Random Question

What do u guys think about buying stuff off ebay...ive bought a few select items off there and so far they have all worked i just want ur opinions as to y or y u shouldnt buy from ebay

I try to exhaust all my other option before purchasing from ebay... I mostly buy from amazon.com

Bronze Member
    I'm the same way, I try to go other places first, but if I can't find it anywhere then I turn to ebay. I've never had a problem with them, but I did have a bunch of trouble with U-Bid. Both auction sites, so maybe that's why I'm nervous about e-bay...

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    I buy all my hardware that I get online from newegg.com. never failed me and the price is right.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I've bought items from ebay for about 3 years. Seldom have issues. You need to research the seller and try to contact them before hand to see how timely they are with emails..

Factor in shipping with the price, and don't worry about losing.. there's millions of items on ebay.

If you do buy from ebay, use paypal and make sure the seller has the $500 paypal protection scheme. Check their feedback, and look at their items that they are selling now. If they usually sell comic books, and all of a sudden 23 brand new $3000 sony laptops just got put on sale for $500 you might want to skip on that seller.

Newegg, Tiger Direct, Amazon, pricewatch, I've bought items from most of these e-tailers... can't really go wrong there.