Thread: best brands on monitors?

best brands on monitors?

Hello there all, not sure if this is the correct slot for this thread but I just needed to know some opinions on reputable monitor manufacterers. Tigerdirect has about 20 different brands to choose from it seems like and I want to get a good deal but not anything cheap. I hear that viewsonic is good any suggestions?

Bronze Member
    I have a dell 19" inch at home (not sure the manufacturer though) and it has been just awesome for 4-5 years now. It's starting to get a little dim, but still nothing worth complaining about. I could guess at what type it is, but that wouldn't help you.

Titanium Member
    Mitsubishi

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Are you looking for an LCD or CRT monitor ? what do you mainly use your PC for ?

I will be using my pc for doing some graphic design work with photoshop, illustrator, and some other programs. I also will be doin some gaming with it (everquest2, half life2, so on and so forth). I am looking to get an lcd because of the space saving aspect plus I just hate carrying around those huge t.v. monitors. Thinkin about getting a sony 17 inch from new egg, its about 300 dollars and got a lot of good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielF.
    I will be using my pc for doing some graphic design work with photoshop, illustrator, and some other programs. I also will be doin some gaming with it (everquest2, half life2, so on and so forth).
    A high end aperture grill CRT (Viewsonic,Sony,NEC,Mitsubishi,Samsung) is best for these application.

I guess if you carry around your monitor to other locations then LCD is best

Sony & Samsung LCD's are excellent

ok, so I am lookin right now at some crt's on new egg, here are my two leaders right now.

viewsonic p95f+b
    NEC/MITSUBISHI FE991SB-BK 19"

here is the link to the crt page both of them are on.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProd...=1&listStyle=2.

I have experience with the Viewsonic p95f+b and it's nice but text isn't as sharp as on the LCD. Games and photoshop are real good.

I have this monitor Viewsonic G90fb and this one also ViewSonic VP912B that I bought because it's suppose to be the ultimate game LCD bottom line is the LCD is excellent (beautiful !!) for general computing but the G90fb blows it out of the water in games & photoshop

I'm a firm believer that you should always see a monitor with your own eye's before you decide, if you can't do that then read as many reviews as possible and hope they fit how you see things.......

BTW if you get a flat screen CRT make sure it's black, sometimes the on beige colored CRT's the outer case edges reflect back on the screen