Thread: computer running slow+system proccess(hijack this)

computer running slow+system proccess(hijack this)

Hi can anybody please help me.My computer is running really slow and ive done the usual things like virus scan,ad-aware and spy-bot and this doesnt seem to quicken it up!! Could anybody please help?? I will put a hi jack this log on here for anyone to look through and help me!!

thank you

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 00:04:43, on 10/12/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
    C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\TrayMon.exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\OSD.exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Mazza\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ntlworld.com/broadband
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer brought to you by Planetis
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.ntlworld.com/start
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\apps\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACTIVBOARD] C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: Ladbrokes Poker (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/17bfd7ea...p/RdxIE601.cab
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2...ll/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub...sh/swflash.cab

Titanium Member
    you sure got a few running services/processes that you don't really need - I mean, they do nothing for you - for instance: security. I would rather 5 security apps run than (IPOD, real, qttask, itunes) What is broadjump? Is it from your cable company? Sounds like what Comcast tried to get me to install - don't need it.

Have you defragmented lately?
    Last edited by lynchknot; December 10th, 2004 at 00:47 AM.

hi, ive defragged and done a scan disk too. Can you advice me on what apps to remove from hijack this and how to do this please??

thank you

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    IMO these item don't need to be running all the time. I'm one who doesn't let any program start up with Windows except AV & Firewall, if I want something to run I start it and close it when I'm done.

C:\PROGRA~1\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\MMKeybd.exe
    C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~1\PSFree.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\TrayMon.exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\OSD.exe
    C:\Apps\ActivBoard\nhksrv.exe

Go to Start> Run> type in MSCONFIG & hit ok> Startup tab and un-check the items then hit ok.

Here's a list of Startup Items and it tells you what they do so you can decide if you want them to run or not.

Also go to Black Viper's web site and see what services you may want to disable.

edit= I see your Grisoft AVG is the older version 6 you should update it to version 7 Grisoft AVG
    Last edited by FastGame; December 11th, 2004 at 17:14 PM.

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazza
    hi, ive defragged and done a scan disk too. Can you advice me on what apps to remove from hijack this and how to do this please??

thank you

personally, I don't see anything that requires hijack this to remove. I just see a lot of extra buttons/tools that are, at least, questionable to me. I try to stay away from that stuff. Many that I hear frown upon extra toolbar stuff.
    If you are interested, you can trade that popup blocker you have for a better one - that comes with a better browser HERE