Thread: monitor\resolution problem

Angry monitor\resolution problem

My monitor wasn't well adjusted on resolution 800x600, I tried to adjust it manually but it didn't work so I choose the "Memory Recall" option
    (I have LCD) and that studied monitor adjusted 800x600 as 1024x768.
    Now I can't work with 800x600 because the screen detects bad image and goes to "power save" without leaving my any option to chang the setting back.
    can anybody halp me recover my old resolution.

the company of my monitor is JTC(they don't even have a website) and my maunal says nothing about that sort of thing.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    LCD's are made to run best at it's native resolution, the native resolution of your LCD must be 1024x768. They can run at other resolutions but it's ugly.

I take it you were using the OSD controls of the LCD ? when you hit memory recall and went to 1024x768 it set your video drivers to that also (my guess ??).

I don't understand the "screen detects bad image and goes to "power save" without leaving my any option to chang the setting" part ??? how are you trying to change the resolution ?

The problem is that I can't force him not to go to "power save" when I switch to 800x600.
    My native LCD resolution is 1024x768 that's why the LCD changed the 800x600 resolution setting to 1024x768.
    Last edited by ilyail3; December 14th, 2004 at 06:08 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Can't you right click on the desktop> choose properties> settings> and change the resolution ? you say it goes blank when you do that ?

I don't know what this power save is your talking about ? unless it's the turn off monitor after idle for so long ? screensaver> power> turn off monitor ? you can set that for as long as you want....I can't figure why that would change with the resolution ???

You should leave the LCD at it's native resolution, it looks better and after a few days you'll be used to it.
    Last edited by FastGame; December 14th, 2004 at 06:36 AM.

First I can change resolution but when I chang to 800x600 it goes to "power save" and the only thing I can do is press Esc. Second the "power save" mode is the monitor's power save so changing power options won't help me.
    Thanks anyway

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    When you change it to 800X600 it may be that your refresh rate is set too high, so the monitor blanks out to prevent damage from occuring.

Try checking your settings and ensure that your refresh rate is set to something less that 85Hz for example.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Might also try updating your video drivers.