This is the second hard drive this has happened to me on. Until now i've just been buying new hard drives, but as this is getting quite expensive and i have 8 hard drives laying around i need some help now. I get a blue screen when I load up windows, Im not sure exactly what it said but it was a STOP (xxx, xxx, xxx) screen. So I try to just reformat instead. WHen i put in my windows disk, it goes up and loads all files needed for setup, then when it should be switching over tot he windows type screen to finish my setup it gives me a blue screen that says this.

STOP: 0x0000007e (0XC0000005, 0XF853C0BF, XFB94BF0C)

PCI.SYS - ADDRESS FG53C0BF BASE AT F8535000, DATESTAMP 3B7D855C

Any suggestions? If it matters I just had this hard drive pulled out of a computer with an AMD 64 processor and AGP motherboard.

Used all the same other parts from that computer and switched out the motherboard to a PCI-Express motherboard and a Intel p4 processor. The only thing I can maybe think of is that my copy of windows which is windows RC1 (an old demo copy because i only have an upgrade version not a full version) doesnt have pci-e capability. but it still happened in the other computer too, except i think it said system_thread_not_handled or somethin glike that. I really need to fix this problem, the pci.sys problem though. My computer has been down for far too long (over a month) any suggestions before i buy yet another hard drive and throw this one to my junk pile?