Thread: mobile/mp3 player?

mobile/mp3 player?

Remember when I came asking for advice about mp3 players? Now I need a new mobile phone too. So can I find a mobile phone that's a good mp3 player as well?

Triple Platinum Member
    that sony ericcson k700i thingy maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by rohitkumar
    that sony ericcson k700i thingy maybe?
    Thanks! I'm checking it out.

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    Thanks! I'm checking it out.
    Hey hotmale,

I've been following the k700i for over 6 months now, hoping to get it FREE on contract when my upgrade is available in a months time, it's a blindingly good phone

But it is in my experience, as a music fanatic, mobile phones offering everything just don't do the best job for your money, and most of the time, if you don't like to sacrifice, your best off buying seperate dedicated items!

I already took a look into the mobile scene regarding both a phone and a music player, and the best one i ever experienced was the Sony Ericson P910i, at the cost of $450 mind you

The advantage with the P910i is upgradeable memory, where's the k700i cannot be upgraded.

I'm not 100% sure on that, i tried the phone over 2 months ago, so my memory is lacking, but i've just looked up on the website, and could find no information about upgrading the memory on the k700i, it just states the built in 40mb.

If this is true, that the memory can't be updated on the k700i, this would limit your music storage incredibly!

Do you already have an mp3 player?
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; January 6th, 2005 at 12:49 PM.

P910i is a very good choice but it's more similar to a PDA than a mobile phone.
    A friend of mine has just bought Sony Ericsson Z1010. It's really good looking and full of features (3G-ready, bluetooth, expandable with Memory Stick Duo, dual display, VGA camera, MP3, MPEG4, ...).

Thanks for the info guys. Today morning, before reading your replies (I didn't think I'd get any), I ordered this:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Rio_Forge_Sp...-30992253.html

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    Thanks for the info guys. Today morning, before reading your replies (I didn't think I'd get any), I ordered this:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Rio_Forge_Sp...-30992253.html
    I think it's a nice model, i have a rio 1.5gb nitrus, has excellent sound quality and good battery life, and very small and portable, pretty much everything you need in an mp3 player

I'm just glad you decided to buy seperate instead of going for an all in one solution via a mobile phone.

I was actually going for the iPod mini but changed my mind at the very last moment when I read that its battery is not replaceable. This means I'll have to return it to Apple for replacement and this costs another $100!

And because I work out, the Rio Forge should be perfect

Again, thanks for your advice - might need it in the future.
    Last edited by hotmale; January 7th, 2005 at 17:37 PM. Reason: grammatical mistake