Thread: Is there a program that will have my wallpaper cover 2/3 of my desktop?

Is there a program that will have my wallpaper cover 2/3 of my desktop?

I do not want icons to cover the pretty picture. Thank you

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Why don't you get rid of the icons ? move the icons you use the most into quick launch.

I can only put 3 icons in quick launch. If I put another 1 in, it pushs another 1 out of quick launch.
    Thank you for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Why don't you get rid of the icons ? move the icons you use the most into quick launch.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    I can only put 3 icons in quick launch. If I put another 1 in, it pushs another 1 out of quick launch.
    Thank you for replying.
    how many quick launch items do you have ? you sure ?

Click on the quick launch >> and the icons should be there...I just put 30 in mine for a test.

Unlock the taskbar and you'll see dotted vertical borders in quick launch, pull the right border to the right and you can see all the icons. From there you can drag them around to arrange in the order you want. Pull the border all the way back to the left and it'll hide all the icons except 3, click >> and a list comes up. You could have icons all the way across the taskbar and then >> and a list if you want. Lock taskbar when done.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    how many quick launch items do you have ? you sure ?

Click on the quick launch >> and the icons should be there...I just put 30 in mine for a test.

Unlock the taskbar and you'll see dotted vertical borders in quick launch, pull the right border to the right and you can see all the icons. From there you can drag them around to arrange in the order you want. Pull the border all the way back to the left and it'll hide all the icons except 3, click >> and a list comes up. You could have icons all the way across the taskbar and then >> and a list if you want. Lock taskbar when done.
    You are right. I can only recognize half the icons though.

When I put titles and text instead of icons, I only get 2 items.

Thank you for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    You are right. I can only recognize half the icons though.
    All the more reason to ditch the icons, if your not using the program enough to know what the icon means the why have it on your desktop ? just use Start> All Programs to use something. Also if the icon is showing in the taskbar you can hover the mouse pointer over it & it tells you what it's for.

When I put titles and text instead of icons, I only get 2 items.
    I don't understand what your doing here ?

Anyhoo lynchknot should be here any time, he's an expert on what to do with icons & wallpaper he yelled at me once cuz I had icons on my DT....never had any since

This is an oddball solution. Create a new folder on the desktop. Next move all of the icons into that folder. Now move the folder to the quick launch area. That will clear the desktop and still keep all of the programs at easy access.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

I love the Quick Launch bar! I've detached it from the Taskbar in order to keep al lot of icons in the bottom of the screen
    Plus with the address bar below you can easily access to any folder of your disk! (see the attached pic)