Thread: Emule broken

Titanium Member

Emule broken

Man, the official Emule board sucks. They hardly ever respond - and if they do it's dumb questions like, "do you have a low ID?" or "can you access the internet at all?". Anyway, I have tried everything - yes, everything that is obvious and that I could think of (change ports, no router, no firewall, no AV protection, windows fw off, etc...)! I cannot connect at all and upload/download is zero. Perhaps someone here has another idea?
    Last edited by lynchknot; December 23rd, 2004 at 19:04 PM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    OK try this LK.

Now i know you have got the XP firewall disabled,but for some reason it sometimes still blocks ports even when it's disabled.I had a problem for days with Flashfxp not connecting to port 21,eventually i fixed it by doing the following so it may work for emule as well.

Make sure emule is not running and then go to control panel > Windows Firewall. On the advanced tab hit the Restore Defaults button. Then on the General tab put a check next to Off (not recommended) and then hit OK.

Now restart emule.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Titanium Member
    Well, I sort of fixed it. It seems something was corrupt in the Emule's config file. I still have a low ID but at least it's connecting - before it just flat out refused to recognize any servers as valid - and would say so - even after downloading a new serverlist and dropping it in to over write the old one.
    I wanted to try what you suggested but I get this error: