Thread: i'm totally locked out of my comp

i'm totally locked out of my comp

arghh. i have windows xp and i created a user account and all. well i alsoput a password on it. i forgot the passwprd and have no clue what the duece it is. so now i cannot get in my comp at all. i duno what to do when i guess to much my comp just kinda freezes. i tried clicking f2 and getting into teh settup while the comp was booting but i dunno what tto do. its christams ihave alot to do on my comp and cant acess it. this is absoluely infuriating. if any one can help please reply. surely i'm not teh first one whos ever forgotten a computer password. thanks a bunch seasons greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedmelody
    arghh. i have windows xp and i created a user account and all. well i alsoput a password on it. i forgot the passwprd and have no clue what the duece it is. so now i cannot get in my comp at all. i duno what to do when i guess to much my comp just kinda freezes. i tried clicking f2 and getting into teh settup while the comp was booting but i dunno what tto do. its christams ihave alot to do on my comp and cant acess it. this is absoluely infuriating. if any one can help please reply. surely i'm not teh first one whos ever forgotten a computer password. thanks a bunch seasons greetings.
    Get a copy of ERD, it will boot into a repair version and allow you to change password.

Cody
    I'm never wrong, just misinformed !

Cody

Here is an article that covers this issue. LINK
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

thanks ill try those links

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Also if you boot into Safe mode, use the Administrator acct. This should allow you to access the User Accounts Panel and clear or change any passwords. Let us know how it goes.

BTW, Great link EFC...
    Last edited by rik; December 26th, 2004 at 02:12 AM.

wait- safe mode i considered that but does windows xp have safe mode?
    and if so how so how do i get it. i'm not really sure about cracking into my computer and loosing files and i rfuse to reboot. please tell me how to enter using safe mode. thansk a whole bunch!

OMIGOSH SAFE MODE WORKED I FOUND OUT HOW. THANK YOU TAHNK YOU THAAAANK YOU ALL.
    Last edited by unchainedmelody; December 26th, 2004 at 13:23 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Glad you got it worked out.