Thread: Windows 2000 Pro HELP

Windows 2000 Pro HELP

hi there,

ive recently got an offer from ebay for an offer for a microsoft windows product. As im a beginner, i need help and advice on whether the product is original and authentic. Another question is "what is the catch for such reasonable and cheap offers.

i value all advices and thk all for ur patience and help.

Below are the questions i posed to the seller and his response in red
    ----------------------------------start------------------------------------
    Hi there,

The ebay product Item #xxxxxxxxxx, is

1) Original, new, authentic and unregistered microsoft windows 2000 PRO (SP3) full retail version YES

2) It is not OEM, not upgrade version, not reinstallation/ recovery disc This is retail CD

3) qualify for microsoft's technical support, and upgrades and updates Yes

4) Has a Certificate Of Authenticity and Original Orange Key Code No COA, Only the original orange KEY CODE.

*Come with Brand new, sealed, authentic Microsoft CD-Rom, and original orange product key only! No box or manual.
    -----------------------------------end------------------------------------
    Last edited by idcg_mel; December 28th, 2004 at 21:55 PM.

Sounds like it is from an ACTION PACK or MSDN distribution - this means it requires a seperate licence (as no COA). The License is what you pay for when you buy Windows you never actually own the software just are licensed to use it. If you are not buying a license then it's not worth anything.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Hmm... not necessarily true... as long as it is retail version, and CD-KEY then he should be ok. Just ensure the CD has the Holigraphic images for win2k, and the Orange Sticker, and that the sticker serial number (cd-KEY) actually works for that version of CD...

I have seen many sealed authentic M$ CDs with Orange stickers for sale at markets etc...

Now, since it is only win2k, i wouldnt pay more than 30-50 dollars, as you are better off buying a Microsoft Mouse or Keyboard, then purchasing Microsoft XP with SP2 OEM for just over a hundred

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

If you don't have a licence - you don't have a licence.
    Couldn't be simpler.