Thread: NERO Express and burning DVDs

Bronze Member

NERO Express and burning DVDs

It's obvious to me that I can't burn any dvd movies that I own with my Nero Express Ultra (version 6). I've tried but I always get the copy right error message.

This is a disappointment as I wanted to burn copies of my DVD movies to take with me on long trips, that way if my digitally remastered copy of 2001 got wrecked I wanted feel so bad.

I've heard that with NERO I can still burn these movies by backing them up on the hard drive and then burning to disk? I am not sure how that works.

Anyway, my question is this, can I burn copies of my DVD films with NERO or not? If not, should I purchase "Alcohol 120%" which is another DVD burning software program? I heard that it can burn DVD movies.

Thanks
    Halder

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Don't by any DVD software, use DVDshrink to back up your DVD and use DVD Decrypter to burn them. Both are free and both are excellent !

You can use Decrypter too do everything but it's easier to use DVDshrink if you want to fit long dual layer DVD's on one DVD.

Bronze Member

Thank You FastGame.

Thank you very much for your advice and links to DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink.

One last question. Now that I have these two wonderful little programs what can I use NERO for (in regards to DVD). Will NERO burn the images onto DVD that DVD Decrypter created? Can I edit those burned DVD's with NERO?

Thanks again
    Halder

Quote Originally Posted by Halder
    One last question. Now that I have these two wonderful little programs what can I use NERO for (in regards to DVD). Will NERO burn the images onto DVD that DVD Decrypter created? Can I edit those burned DVD's with NERO?
    DVD Shrink has an option to bring up Nero for burning and Decrypter burns it's own files plus others.

Here's two nice DVD Shrink Guides Guide # 1 & Guide #2

Here's an interactive guide for
    DVD Decrypter

Bronze Member
    Once again, FastGame, Thank You! (for the guide links). I humbly and respectfully bow to your DVD knowledge and tech savy.

Halder

as fastgame said, dvdshrink is great. i have used it and it is awesome.

i havent used dvd decrypter tho, i might need to check that out and see what it is all about.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    for all my back up dvds I use Clone Dvd and Any Dvd . AnyDvd strips all encryption, commercials, etc....then I use Clone dvd to copy the dvd. Its a wonderful app does all the encoding and compression on the fly and only takes about 45 mins to encode and copy a back up dvd.

Clone Dvd:

How To's

Any DVD:

Here is a great walk thru from Madbob over at Cdfreaks forum on how to use both products to make back up dvds. hope this helps.

Bronze Member

Cool

Thanks Phishhead!. Any DVD looks really easy to use, I understand that it is free for 21 days and then on can purchase it.

I now have DVD decrypter which works great, are there any advantages that Any DVD has over DVD Decrypter?

Thanks
    Halder

Quote Originally Posted by Halder
    I now have DVD decrypter which works great, are there any advantages that Any DVD has over DVD Decrypter
    Both AnyDVD & Decryper are rippers, they don't compress the DVD like Clone DVD & DVD Shrink.

Clone DVD & AnyDVD together are the best of the paid for programs IMO, they're also easy to use. DVD Shrink can do it all and it's free. I think it does as good of a job as Clone DVD & AnyDVD.

IMO you should mess around with DVD Shrink and get to know it......

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    and the best part of what FG said is its free. My suggestion does cost for the apps. but its worth it because of the user friendliness.