Thread: Directx 9.0c

Silver Member

Directx 9.0c

recently i have been experiencing what i think is command lag or appears to be in my computer games....for instance no matter what my ping is in Call of Duty i have to shoot ahead of ppl instead of right at them like i used to be able too before i installed directx 9.0c im wandering if there is a way to delete 9.0c and get 9.0b back without needing to reformat because i just did that 2 days ago....

thanks for all the help in advance

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    So you didn't experience the lag with 9b and you do with 9c?

Silver Member
    yes that is right and im wandering if there is a way to uninstal 9c so i can put 9b back on unless u have any other ideas of what may be causeing this here are my specs in case it will help

3200xp+
    sisabyte ga-7vt600 1394
    6600gt agp 8x
    3 120gb hd (1 is sata)
    dvd burner

that about sums it up if u can help then please do cause i cant figure it out and when ur at the age of 16 like me video games play a big role if u dont have anything better to do on those boring days

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Well since Call of Duty is OpenGL and not Direct X I doubt that your problem is with Direct X 9c.....

I would look at your network drivers (how ever you get on the net ?) but if you still want Direct X 9b then reinstall windows and don't use SP2.

Or you could try DirectX 9 Uninstaller, I'm not responsible if this screws things up

Good luck
    Last edited by FastGame; January 3rd, 2005 at 02:06 AM.

Silver Member
    i connect through earthlink cable i havent changed anything with the drivers and i have never installed sp2 and if anything screws up fastgame im tellin on u

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    i connect through earthlink cable i havent changed anything with the drivers and i have never installed sp2 and if anything screws up fastgame im tellin on u

just remember COD=OpenGL

Silver Member
    will do thanks for the help