Thread: Free Fall: IE Has Now Lost 30% Of The Browser Market

Free Fall: IE Has Now Lost 30% Of The Browser Market

By December 2005 or before, as I have previously anticipated, Internet Explorer will not be anymore the browser of choice for the majority of Internet users.

Today, according to my own traffic statistics based on a sample of over 600,000 visitors from over 180 countries, Internet Explorer controls slightly more than 70% of the browser market, where, just twelve months ago it had over 91% of it.

The rapid loss of IE users is now a clear and definite trend that appears to be unstoppable: Internet Explorer is showing many bad wrinkles and a slippery short term memory. For a fast-growing number of experienced Internet users IE is already NOT anymore a browser option to consider.

http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2...plorer_has.htm

Triple Platinum Member
    i can tell you it's user base is growing too...even in india (a country where some parents like mine got scared to death on not being able to access the web when their children removed ie's shortcut from the desktop ) ppl are beginning to tlak abt firefox...

pc mags almost always have an editorial on firefox and this friend of mine came up to me the other day and asked me: "wats so special about this TAP browsing?"...the noticing has begun...

Platinum+ Member
    I agree that firefox is good, but I dont think that IE will ever take too much of a beating, coz it comes bundled with windows, and to the normal home user, there is nothing terribly wrong with IE. Plus, its intergrated with windows.
    So unless there some really revolutionary product comes out, or home users become aware of some huge security flaw(s) (if any) in IE, its niche will be fairly safe for a while.

Platinum+ Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    Today, according to my own traffic statistics based on a sample of over 600,000 visitors from over 180 countries, Internet Explorer controls slightly more than 70% of the browser market, where, just twelve months ago it had over 91% of it.
    Maybe they gotta consider the novelty factor and heavy advertising ('download firefox' links are all over the net ).

Platinum+ Member
    I agree with the article author (robin good).Good to see microsoft is getting a run for their money. they'll be forced to improve
    good things will come of it, lol.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    maybe they aught to consider that the users who visit his site are a unique bunch??? How can you extrapolate statistics in such a manner.. I mean if he had say 1000 website's statistical database then he could make some sort of claim, but he's basing this off of his own 600,000 visitors..

BROWSERS need competition to improve.