Thread: building system with Intel 915PBL MoBo any opinions on this Mobo??

Arrow building system with Intel 915PBL MoBo any opinions on this Mobo??

Hi, New to this BB.

I am building a rig that I want to use for games (half life 2 etc..) as well as general use but needs to be reliable as well (no overclocking).

How does this sound. Components are purchased, just waiting for the ram to arrive before I assemble.

Intel 915PBL MoBo
    P4 530 (3ghz) @ 800mhz w/ht
    2 sticks of crucial 512 4200 DDR2
    eVGA Nvdia 6600 GT
    (1) 120 Maxtor SATA

your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Offhand it sounds like a good system. Don't forget about getting a good power supply though.

Silver Member
    that looks funny a post from conanman and from conan but ya looks like a rgeat system and i agree with conan dont skimp on the power supply

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    that looks funny a post from conanman and from conan
    It's not conanman, it's canonman.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Silver Member
    o my bad didnt even notice

Power Supply

I am actually pulling my old system apart to build this one so my power supply will be the same one I already have in the case. It is a ANTEC 350 WATT dual fan for P4 that supports SATA drives. I also will be using my memorex CD/DVD+/- R/RW & Sony CDR/RW drives and directron ATX case with sliding front panel (case was cheap but is a slick case). My big concern was the use of the Intel MoBo I chose. At the store two people tried to talk me out of buying the Intel board, but for the price and features it came with I didn't think it was a bad purchase. I have an ASUS board (CUSL2-C) in the case that I am disassembling and it didn't seem all that special to me, then again I didn't do any overclocking with it. I know that Intel has a history of very limited features (pretty much bare bones) on their motherboards, but this one seemed pretty feature rich to me. Do you know of anyone who has had any issues or experiences with an Intel MoBo that may cause me to exchange the board for another manufacturers brand??? It would be of a great help. Also if you know of any good reviews for this board that you could direct me to.

Thanks again for answering post.

Canonman

I was also considering the Gigabyte; GA-8I915PDUOPRO
    it uses the same ram I already ordered for the Intel Mobo

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    People are normally discouraged from buying Intel motherboards due to the lack of overclocking options. There's nothing wrong with them and they are high quality. It's just that as you get more experienced with computers, you start fiddling around with settings looking for speed gains here and there and that's when Intel motherboards get boring. If it were up to me I would get an Asus motherboard. You can run it at stock speed or overclock later on.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    People are normally discouraged from buying Intel motherboards due to the lack of overclocking options. There's nothing wrong with them and they are high quality. It's just that as you get more experienced with computers, you start fiddling around with settings looking for speed gains here and there and that's when Intel motherboards get boring. If it were up to me I would get an Asus motherboard. You can run it at stock speed or overclock later on.
    Conan is right on the money here.

Asus makes great motherboards. Just get the ones with the intel chipset.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...m/overview.htm
    ------------------------------------------------------------