Thread: Digital Camera

Silver Member

Digital Camera

ok i need help me no one that i know knows much about digital camera so im in need of assisstance...well actually my lil sis is....she's 12 next month and wants to get a digital camera so what i need from u guys is to know what brands to look for what items ill need for the camera so we can hook it up to the computer , memory card, pixles the whole works....i need some insight on these things cause ive never looked into getting one my parents are gonna help her out here so altogether they are looking to spend 200-500 on whatever is needed thanks in advance for all ur help....also if we will need a special printer or paper ...the printer we have now is an hpdeskjet 710c which we got back in 98 with the good ole' 350mhz amd....ahhh the good old days..but thanks again for the help its very appriciated

Silver Member
    sry about posting this in the hardware forum im just so used to going there i forgot there were other forums

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    sry about posting this in the hardware forum im just so used to going there i forgot there were other forums
    No probs.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Hi Nate, this camera FUJI FinePix A340 is nice for the money. I think its $150 @Newegg, you'll need an extra 64mb or better yet 128mb memory card. It comes with everything you need to get the pic's on your PC through USB.

I would hold off on the printer, you could get a lot of pic's done at Wallgreens or Wal-Mart for the price of a good printer, ink & photo paper. If your family wants to get really involved with photography later on then get a printer.

I like Nikon, Cannon, Fuji and Sony because they have real nice optics. Look for a camera that has high 3x or better optic zoom, don't pay attention to digital zoom.

Triple Platinum Member
    i have a sony cybershot dsc p-10..i like it...its easy to use and comes wid wonderful specs (3x zoom, 5mp et al)...u can also try the dsc p-100 (a pc mag rated it the best buy here)...and u can always buy a memory card with more disk space (upto 1gb is wat they offer, i suppose)

Silver Member
    thanks for the reply and as i said before i dont know anything about digital cams so what kind,brand, whatever else u can tell me..of a memory card should i get cause i know theres diff. kinds and i dont know what any of them are for thanks for the help

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitkumar
    i have a sony cybershot dsc p-10..i like it...its easy to use and comes wid wonderful specs (3x zoom, 5mp et al)...u can also try the dsc p-100 (a pc mag rated it the best buy here)...and u can always buy a memory card with more disk space (upto 1gb is wat they offer, i suppose)
    Hey Rohit, you ain't kidding there!

I got myself a Sony Cybershot DSC P93A just a few weeks ago, i researched digital camera's in my price range (poor man style) and at least 3 different reviewers gave it the thumbs up and i haven't been disappointed!

I want to have it's babies!

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Just bought a Nikon 8400 Coolpix, need it for work as well... havent had a chance to play with it yet, but not too bad... lucky we can claim this as a tax deduction

Review

has 1 pop-up.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---