Thread: how to reset Dell inspiron 1150

Titanium Member

how to reset Dell inspiron 1150

I have a friend's notebook here and it won't turn on. All I see is a yellow light that stays on for a few seconds then nothing. Please help if you know a solution - thanks.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Have you tried posting this in the Dell forums?
    [edit]
    LK: I tried there and found these. The 1st is a link to instructions + pix -- too big to summarize. http://support.dell.com/support/topi...ent?dn=1017415

The second is from a post by someone with what sounds like the same problem.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...493831#M169621

Re: Dell NSPIRON 1150 DEAD [ NEW ]
    Try booting it with a second memory stick if you have one. Try booting it with battery power. Try booting it with a/c adapter. Make sure you are holding down the power button down for several seconds when you are attempting to power up. If you have removed all memory, hdd, pccard, and disk drives and you still can not get a boot then you have a bad motherboard. If you are under warrany I would suggest you send it in for service. If you out of warranty then you can try reseating the cpu, but that would mean you would have to take the system apart.

Hope one of these helps.
    Last edited by piaqt; January 10th, 2005 at 23:48 PM.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Hey LK, Lemme know what happens with Pia's instructions and We'll take this offline via PM or phone.

Titanium Member
    I tried all that I could yesterday - even joined Dall forums. I have not been able to figure out how to take the memory or the DVD out. The strange thing is, it did this once befere but started to work again.

They did not answer my post
    Last edited by lynchknot; January 11th, 2005 at 19:42 PM.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Um....I think they have online hardware manuals.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt