Thread: upgrade

upgrade

I have one (1) 1.5v 4x agp slot on my pc, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me my next (best) step up from an Integrated NVIDIA GeForce2 Graphics card, so that I can get in on online games like Doom3, CounterStrike, etc..

Silver Member
    whats ur budget like because depending on that tells us how we can help u....if u can take a hit in the wallet i suggest either a 6600gt costing around 230 or a 6800gt costing somewhere around 400-450 i havent checked lately once u get that ur all set for present and upcomming games...but make sure ur power supply can handle it

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    welcome Johny. First of all, don't get Doom3 It is not that good
    Many cards come in different flavors even thought they have the same GPU. Probably the FX cards for AGP. There might be a couple of them that require an extra connection (usually a molex).
    What is your power supply rating?
    I am not familiar with ATI numbering, but there are a lot of options too

Silver Member
    yes i agree doom 3 wants too good i borrowed it from a friend and never ended up finishing but on the other hand half life 2 was pretty good but u can playthat on almost any card on low settings my friend has a ati 7500 and it plays fine on medium

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Ohh, a point Nate made me remember, depending on the rest of the PC how high you want to go with the video card. A card 400 dollars is too much for a PC that is 1000 retail or 500 built. I make great PCs for 500
    Johnny could you post a quick list of your PC hardware?
    there are aplicatons like Belarc Advisory that can create a report for you even