Thread: Help with Nero

Help with Nero

I am totally new to all this so any help would be appreciated! I have Nero installed on my PC and I am trying to burn tv programmes recorded on my hard drive onto DVD RAM. I keep getting up the error message that the disk is is not empty. Do I want to erase and proceed. It just goes into a loop when I say yes with the same message appearing each time.

Help!! This is the first time I have tried to burn a DVD. I eventually managed to burn a music CD but I am stumped with this.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    first have you tried to insert a new dvd-r and encode and burn the dvd. When the main menu comes up click the down error and choose dvd then click on video dvd and drag and drop your files into the left window and click burn. bare in mind that the encoding can take 20mins to 2hrs depending on the file sizes. oh yeah also change your recorder to point to your dvdrw writer in the menu.

DVDRAM - you don't use nero. The disc once prepared by your DVDRAM software just appears as another drive, drag and drop to it in explorer.

Thanks Curio - tried to drag and drop but it didn't work either. I am just using a normal DVD Ram in the DVD drive - do I need extra software to make it ready for use?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    what kind of DVD recorder are you using?

DVD ram disks are usually prepared by some software that you will have got with the drive. If you don't particularly want to use DVD ram just use a normal DVD+/-R or RW which nero will happily burn to. Some info on DVD RAM software can be found here http://www.bhacorp.com/download/utilities/dvdram.html - no idea if your drive is one of those, just wanted to show DVD Ram uses additional software.