Thread: What kind of Gamer are you?

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

What kind of Gamer are you?

And with the question I don't mean all the geek talk, thought geek talk is welcome too. With geek talk I mean stuff "we" gamer talk about, like which console are best, and why (because the GPU is higher level and bla bla) or the controllers. We usually talk about that, but today I was remembering about my last stop by EB Xpress. I entered the shop and I was a bit puzzled about the store I entered. There were games, but the people didn't look like gamers (I will explain how they look later)
    Anyhow, that brings me to the point of how are you as a person a gamer??
    What defines you as a gamer? What is diferent in you?
    How do you dress, what kind of music you like?
    A little description that woud describe you with your gamer genes (mine are inhereted, maybe yours are skill develop with practice )
    I think we can make of this an interesting thread. Please, don;t be shy

thats a good idea for a thread

This thread calls for a poll.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

I started gaming wen i was about 7....Sega Master System So i guess practise is what has made me as good as i am (not braggin but im a pretty decent gamer)
    I dont have fave genres...but my fave games would be final fantasy, resi evil, metal gear solid...oh and pro evolution soccer
    Again when it comes to music i can listen to almost all genres but my preferences would be hip-hop and r&b..current listenin to The Game's album
    As for for my dress sense...i like to wear a lot of soccer jersey...even i dont neccessarily support the team if the jersey looks nice i'll buy it U can say i dress a little "street" and at the same time "sporty"

From my appearance i dont think many ppl wud be able to tell im a gamer.....but i dont think im a hardcore gamer...infact for a while i completely stopped gaming wen i started college (girls, going out etc etc)......but 5-6 years on since then gaming is an integral of my chill out time!

Wot pisses me of is....being a person who knows quite a lot about games, soccer, music, movies (i study Media) i tend to apply for jobs related to them. I applied for a part time at this game store....but because i dont look like a gamer they didnt employ me...instead they employed the most geeky lookin boy they cud find (probably sum sci-fi freak...not hatin on ppl who watch the sci-fi channel) One time i went in and asked him about certain games....and let me tell u this guy knew nothing about games!! That really really pis*ed me off.....the fact that they basically employed first person who happened to wear spectacles and have freckles on their face and look like they dont get much sleep and that fag*ot didnt know f*ck all about games!!

Anyway i feel better now that i've got that off my chest
    Last edited by r_a_s_10; January 16th, 2005 at 00:31 AM.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r_a_s_10
    Anyway i feel better now that i've got that off my chest
    LOL thats a good one r_a_s, don't blame ya a bit I'd be mad too.

RAS, that was pretty good description. That was more or less the description that I was looking for the thread
    I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer. I am a multuitasking guy that loves games mainly. I am happyly married to a woman that hates games, so I am in a crossfire situation (she is jelous of games :P) Anyhow
    I used to dress everything black, black jeans, black tshirts, black whatever, but it was not because I was in the punk period, or the depresed period or heavy metal period (thought I like heavy metal ) but because I liked the design and combination posible. I still like dark colors but I have been force to adapt by society (Soon you will see why I refer how I dressed).
    I work everyday, and some times during the weekend either as a consultant, or small technician job, or even family tech guy, so pretty much I am working all the time in computers. I dress with kaki and shirt (I don't have to use tie anymore). I do preffer if I can a shirt and blue jeans with running shoes. Everything my size, not 3 or 4 sizes bigger (as my brother uses)
    Overrall I don't look like a gamer, thought when I was 18 I lived to play games and study. Until I was 20 (starting at 8) I can say I finished 90% of games I play (if it was posible to finish it) I used to go and rent Sega Genesis games and in 3 or 4 days finish them. Mainly liked the games with some story, and action, like Flashback, X-Men mutant wars, prince of persia, bla bla. Loved (and still love) racing and fighting games to play with other people. I AM VERY COMPETITIVE (and I can kick your @$$ )
    But, I have been always concious, even thought I can spend hours straight playing if my wife says A I stopped. No question asked. If I decide to play 1 hour and end up playing 4, then I will try not to play for 4 days (I usually don't have much time) I still like to finish every game I start but I am OK if I don't finish it (a day should have 30 hours, so we can dedicate the extra 6 to games )
    Unless you bring up the topic of games you wouldn't be able to say that I am a gamer (or a Net admin even )
    I listen of everything a little. The less I listen to is Country and something called Cumbia (from Argentina) Man, I actually detest that music ( and my wife too ) I mainly like techno pop, alternative, rock, pop, soft, new age, specific heavy metal, etc (I like Jpop a lot since it is techno pop) I hate reading, but I love learning.
    In short, all my qualities I don't think reflect a guy crazy for games (PS: I forgot, I am good almost inmediately to everygame I put my hands on, unless I detest the game) unless you get to know me better.
    What I talk about in the first post, was that in EB as ras pointed out, everyone look similar (long black leather (imitation probably) jacket, runing shoes no socks, and geek face) Ok, I am a gamer, but I least I have a better sense of fashion (no ofense to the hardcore gamers of TZ)
    I wanted to know the opinion of a gamer like that too.
    I Just thought it was weird, because it look like a mix of rap-gansta with geek.
    I remember having in my mind a profile for hardcore bike riders too. I went with my uncle to do promotion to a national encounter. It is kind of weird, but you see all these guys that look thought and then you talk with them, and not only they were extremely polite, they also were regular people that kept regular jobs (bikes can be quite expensive) and I also spent all weekend drinking everynight with them (but that is another point)
    Wehn I saw these guys in EB, it reminded me of those bikers, with the differece the bikers were in an encounter.
    That is why I am interested how we are as "gamers" that are people. A gamer in the day to day life. Gamer all the way? or gamer that enjoys games, but do other stuff (like ras that had that he was chasing girls [did you catch any?])
    BTW, I don't know what could ne put for the poll. Suggestions??

I'm guessin ur from Argentina as is your wife??
    I see where you're coming from when you say you used to wear a lot of black...kinda like that myself! Jus think dark colours look a bit cooler and also go with almost anything! although occassionally i do like to wear something that stands out...such as the yellow brazil soccer jersey
    them ppl you saw at the games store...gangsta rap mixed with geekism...that sure does sound funny!!
    When it comes to games i'm pretty competetive myself...especially when it comes to Pro Evolution Soccer....wasnt a bad player at Street Fighter either! But im not an online gamer tho!

As for girls...i'm not gonna give up gaming so i can have more time with girls in future lol caught a few bad ones and a few good ones...but thats wot life is about experiences...that girl phase has calmed down now tho, time to knuckle down and concentrate on my studies and try not to lose focus lookin/chattin about the hot lookin girl sitting in the row in front

U are right RAS. Donot spend time talking about her, instead change your seating position and chat with Her

yeah we got chattin jus b4 christmas...but i messed up...didnt get her number now i've gotta wait till i go back to uni which is in february till i can make a move

we might have few gamers, or the rest of the gamers are too shy to describe thyselves

i guess i'm a gamer... lol.

i play alot of video games, tho in recent years i havent had nearly enough time. i like to finish games too, but if it really pisses me off, or just doesnt catch my interest... i dont. like... for some reason, i have Ninja Gaiden, i love it... but i havent been drawn into it enough to finish it. currenctly i am playing GTA: SA, and i am drawn into that so much i cant stop playing it in my free time. of course, i dont have much free time... but whatever.

i guess the best way to describe my clothing is just jeans/khakis and a tshirt. sometimes i'll wear a collared shirt.. but i dont like them bein all up on my neck and stuff, lol. i despise ties... but will wear one if the situation calls for it. i prefer a bit of a baggy feel to my clothes (i'm a bit chubby, so i like to hide it a bit, lol).. but its not all kindsa crazy huge on me. it still looks respectable.

as for music.. i'm into techno. EDM (electronic dance music), house, and trance mainly. i also still listen to some alternative rock or whatnot every now and then.. but it just doesnt get my attention the same way anymore.

More or less the same taste
    Well, I am not that far away from you since I am in Elkton. We have an opinion from UK. We need one from the west coast, one from BB too (that one probably will be one to read )
    So we can get more points of view

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    gamer, gamer, gamer.....yup that's me and I pick no bones about it....I got the bug back when the original nintendo came out...Mario and Zelda forever...lol...Could you tell by looking at me that I am a gamer?...no way doods...I did tech support for Dell for a few years but now I am currently working construction...dress in jean shorts and T's most of the time(for comfort mostly) living in florida warrants the casual appearance due to the warmer climate...If I do dress up it would be Black jeans...lol..and clean Nike's...First Person Shooters are my favorite style of game...weened on Doom once I ventured into the world of puters...now, bigger, better, faster more memory, top of the line graphics...u guys and gals know the drill. In my off time the bigger, faster rule applies...lmao....that's how I ended up last year buying the Nissan Titan and tweaking it like the puter...lmao...Now it's Call of Duty, Far Cry, Medal of Honor, Half life 2....need I say more...You will find me at the store checking the latest tech items and the gamers section....I will be looking next weekend at a 42" Plasma TV....Can U just invision Call of Duty on that bad boy...woo hoo..I found one on sale for 1700.00....the price has dropped enough to fit my wallet so circuit city here I come..I have Sirius Radio in the titan and on the puter so what ever beat gets my mojo going is what I listen to...could be Country, Rock, Rap...the old if it feels good...u know
    Last edited by PIPER; January 22nd, 2005 at 11:32 AM.

Sometimes I tink that to be a gamer at hearth you really don't have enought time tothink about what is the fashion of "gamers"
    I just dress as I have to for work, or just casual Jeans and T-Shirt if I am not working (which is not often)