Thread: Locking toolbars in Office

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Locking toolbars in Office

How can I lock the toolbars in Office? I have some users at work that accidentally move the toolbars (I had done it too, but I can quickly fix it)
    IE has this setting, but I couldn't find it in Office, and I was surprised. Suggestions???

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    It would be nice to have that setting. I looked and as far as I can tell you have two basic choices, a floating toolbar or a docked. Floating is inside the window.. whereas docked is on the outer edges (vertical and horizontal). It would be nice to have a feature that would lock a docked word document..

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    let me add an extra question. In Office 2003, the protect document. Is there any real effective way to use it, without using a RMS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    How can I lock the toolbars in Office? I have some users at work that accidentally move the toolbars (I had done it too, but I can quickly fix it)
    IE has this setting, but I couldn't find it in Office, and I was surprised. Suggestions???
    If you're running OFFICE 2003 or OFFICE XP, there is a save my settings feature in the tools where you can save your office settings from toolbar locations to specific options. Then you can quickly restore if anything goes haywire.
    "Never seem more learnt then the people you are with. Wear your learning like a watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked."
    ~Chesterfield

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    You might be able to edit the normal.dot or i think there is a msword.startup file, which sets all the toolbars and document properties, so they can move stuff around, but next time start the app, they reset and load the right

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---