Thread: Need For Keylogging protection

Need For Keylogging protection

I found a program that protects against this:

http://www.spy-monitoring-software.c...r-Software.htm but it costs $60.

Is it worth it? Are their free or less expensive programs? How critical is the need for it.

I use NAV 2003. It automatically updates. I run XPSP2, and I have Sygate Personal Firewall and I have a router. My browser is Firefox 1.0. I won't enter personal info on a non https site or ones without the padlock symbol.

Would appreciate some opinions, leads. Thanks.
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    I use NAV 2003. It automatically updates. I run XPSP2, and I have Sygate Personal Firewall and I have a router. My browser is Firefox 1.0. I won't enter personal info on a non https site or ones without the padlock symbol.

Would appreciate some opinions, leads. Thanks.
    keyloggers child monitoring programs and trojans work off of exploits in your operating system.

unfortunatly, most anti-virus software cannot detect these.

more info on keyloggers here,
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/Support/Ab...KeyLoggers.asp
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    wumply I don't think you need to spend a bunch of money for keylogger protection.

SpyBot S&D (Free) will detect most of the common keyloggers, your NAV also detects certain (threated) keyloggers .

If you have careless downloading habits then maybe you could check into more serious pay $$ security software.

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    wumply, there are some people on the internet that NEED to spend money on security programs just because they are so nieve and stupid, but you my friend, ain't one of them

As far as security goes, your pretty secure in my opinion, at the very least as secure as my software set up is

Don't allow internet threats to ruin your computing experience, it simply isn't worth it

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    I agree with you 100% GimieGimieGimie!

Now your bank account statement needs help.....j/k

The computer is fun yet some people use it for some serious stuff like banking etc...

The computer is not secure IMHO for this.

better to see a banker and use a single credit card for online transactions.

I still run my computer without antivirus firewall or service packs

i use firefox and really don't care if i loose my data
    however, I can't stand adware so i keep track of what I downoad.

Lynchknot knows about the best programs to prevent spyware from getting in but you are best to use spybot and its real time protection and keep it up to date.

jelous wives and husbands are the main reason keyloggers ans screen captures are put on the computers so always surf with the idea that it's not just your friend that is looking at you in the webcam but really anyone connected on the net with the right tools or intentions.
    ------------------------------------------------------------