Thread: Need Help with NERO DVD burning

Need Help with NERO DVD burning

i need to get some anime eps onto a 4.7gb dvd. all the eps together are 3.11GB but when i goto burn them in nero it says they are 6.24GB. i have the bit trans rate set to the mininimum. Waht do i do? any help is very much appreciated.

ok, i'm going to take a stab at explaining it, as i understand it.

burning video DVDs is alot like making a audio CD. ya know how you can only fit 80 minutes of audio onto a cd, even tho the total filesize of the combined files is wayyy less than the 650MB max of a CD-R? same principle idea.

even tho a DVD can hold 4.7GB... thats in DATA format. there is a time length associated with the DVD that is its max. so far, i havent been able to find an exact length, i think b/c it depends on alot of variables in the source video file.

i have made some DVDs of my own from episodes of tv shows i have dl'ed... i manage to get ~9 24minute episodes onto a dvd. so, thats just around 4 hours playtime. now, if i remember correctly (from what i did a while back) that was on the lowest rating... to fit the most onto a single cd.

i dunno if i explained any of that very well.. but i hope i helped you out. if someone has a better explaination, or if i am wrong, please feel free to correct me. i havent been able to find a hard answer before.... tho i havent researched it too too much. this is personal experience.

thx that explains it good enough so that i dont try things that won't work. its just i can only get 13 episodes on a disk but i bought earlier eps. on ebay and the person got like 18 per disk so i dunno what they did n' all.

different burning progs could use different levels of compression or quality when burning. thats just a possibility of how thy got 18. its also possible that their souce files were lower quality.

what prog are you using to burn these episodes?

im useing nero

ahh.. i never had much luck with nero to burn vid files. i use Ulead DVD Factory. check it out if you want, its pretty damn cool. there is a trial out there somewhere, check it out if you want.