Thread: Not sure where to start?

Angry Not sure where to start?

Ok, here is my dilemma... Everytime I go into IE6 SP2... and try to link from a shortcut, a window pops open with nothing on it. However, if I copy shortcut and paste it on the blank window it will work. I tried calling support however, they did not know what was going on. Just further info...I downloading a patch from MS that they thought my help it but it didnt. I also uninstalled all my anti-viruses and deleted for the pc...and tried again...again nothing came out of it.

Any Suggestions????

Thanks,

tdawg_65

Try a different browser like Firefox or Opera if that is OK at least you have narrowed down the fault to IE. You can then work on the assumption that the IE installation is faulty and try re-installing bits or all of it. Do you have any toolbars in IE?

yes I do have the toolbars. They do not work on the new window unless I paste another link on the addy bar. Let me know

I was thinking more of unusual toolbars - like some adwares install. At the moment the most common problem with IE is Adware or Spyware infections but I don't remember any that exhibit the behaviour you are experiencing. However as with any software unusual combinations can have unexpected results.

Platinum+ Member
    Have you tried repairing IE from control panel -> add/remove programs ?
    You could scan with the usual spyware-removers (ad-aware, spybot and spysweeper) to search for probs. you could try AVG and the Mcafee stinger too.....
    This is all basic stuff, but is all i could think of.

Thanks...Curio, thats exactly what I had to do. I had to change explorers. There was nothing unusual on the toolbars.
    Tarun, I tried all that and nothing came out of it.
    I appreciate it to all