Thread: Where is the option?

Where is the option?

When I click on media files in Internet Explorer, I used to get a box that came up and asked if I wanted to open or save the file. Somewhere, someone who has been using my computer took off the check in the box that said "ask every time for this type of file." So now it doesn't give me that option box anymore, just opens the file. Does anyone know where the control is for this? I remember seeing it before, but I can't find it now. I know I can right click and "save-as" but I would rather have the box. TIA.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Is it all file formats or just one specific format ?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

It is for the videos. The option said "file type" before, so I guess the computer groups avi, wmv, mpg, etc together as video files and now it doesn't give let me chose to open or save them.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Open Windows Explorer and go to Tools > Folder Options.

On the File Types tab scroll down the menu and highlight the relevant file extension.

Click the Advanced button and put a check in "Confirm open after download". Click OK,and Close.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

I think that did it. Something must have edited my files, because I had to "restore" the file types before I could access the advaced feature. Thanks!