Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of your Rig

Pics of your Rig

Here's my Dual Monitor rig

Silver Member
    that would get kinda awkward for me while tryin to play a game

wow very impressive.When i entered this topic i expected to see images of your actual PC the case/mods ect.I will try and get some pics of mine to post.

that would get kinda awkward for me while tryin to play a game
    I assume you mean because of the dual monitor?if so no it wouldnt be a problem because the game would only appear on a single monitor if im not mistaken.usually the primary monitor.

Silver Member
    o didnt know that....thats cool though still

Triple Platinum Member
    awesome pic coathanger...though i dunno much abt how a dual moniter works...wat do u do if u want the mouse to move from one moniter to the other? just move the mouse to in the direction u want it to?

suppose u open a programme, say notepad, does it open in one monitor or in both?

Quote Originally Posted by rohitkumar
    awesome pic coathanger...though i dunno much abt how a dual moniter works...wat do u do if u want the mouse to move from one moniter to the other? just move the mouse to in the direction u want it to?

suppose u open a programme, say notepad, does it open in one monitor or in both?
    Well a dual monitor system usually has two GFX cards installed.One monitor to a card.It basically extends your desktop onto two monitors.As for the mouse yes i believe if you want to move from one monitor to the other you simply move in that direction.As for programs you can open a program then move it over onto the second monitor.Say you want to do some work but you are chatting on a messenger.you can have your program in one and the chat on the other.Very handy at times.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    jeez coathanger are you ever at your desk. That desk looks like a showroom its so clean. Right now reloading windows on a buddy's rig watching the TV and surfing the net. maybe I should clean my desk.

my desk

oh and the new case.

new case
    Last edited by phishhead; January 30th, 2005 at 04:49 AM.

Hey phishhead,Love that case!mind telling some specs on it and where you got it?I might have to invest in one of those

Thermaltake Tsunami . It was only 120.00 without a PSU. I wanted something nice for the new AMD rig coming soon.

Ah ok i remember viewing this site back when i built my last PC.To bad that case wasnt there at the time.Might grab one for my next project.Which new AMD rig by the way?The AMD 64's?

I think gonna go for the amd64 3400 and the MSI or ASUS nforce 4 with pci express and SLI. Still deciding on a vid card though might go for the 6600GT but I want a built in TV tuner so not sure yet.

Sounds like its gonna be an awsome piece of hardware.I defienently would recomment the ASUS over the MSI ive used both types in previous builds (obviously not there newest boards) but the ASUS Nforce boards always seem to be a little better in my opinion.

TV tuner cards are a nice addition.Is it just me or are PC's basically becoming home entertainment centers these days?lol If your anything like me then you want all the little extra's as well.in my current PC i have just about everything you can get in there with the exception of a DVD burner.By the way the 3400 is equal to what around 3GHZ?

:EDIT: been doing a little quick research and all the info i see on the 3400+ seems to say its only 2.4GHZ?is that correct?i have a AMD Athlon XP2400+ and its 2GHZ.Hmm i just thought it would be more lol.
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; January 30th, 2005 at 05:37 AM.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhxtyrant
    By the way the 3400 is equal to what around 3GHZ?

:EDIT: been doing a little quick research and all the info i see on the 3400+ seems to say its only 2.4GHZ?is that correct?i have a AMD Athlon XP2400+ and its 2GHZ.Hmm i just thought it would be more lol.
    u do know why it says 3400+ but is only clocked at...what did u say 2.4 ghz is because it would run like a 3.4 ghz cpu would while bein clocked lower

Quote Originally Posted by phishhead
    Still deciding on a vid card though might go for the 6600GT but I want a built in TV tuner so not sure yet.
    if ur gonna go with sli then get a 6800gt u can read reviews at anandtech.com
    SLI or Benchmarking and they clearly shows that the 6800gt and ultra are way better than the 6600gt but only go for that if u got enough money...cause that will cost quite a pretty penny

Quote Originally Posted by anandtech.com
    The GeForce 6600GT seemed to scale reasonably well, with a pair of 6600GTs outperforming a single 6800 Ultra in Doom 3 and Half Life 2. It doesn’t make too much sense to buy a pair of 6600GTs today however, as you’d be much better off getting a single 6800GT and upgrading to a second one down the road, which brings us to our next point, the upgrade value of SLI.

If NVIDIA is able to get their SLI certification program successful enough and if motherboard manufacturers are able to get SLI boards cheap enough, then the upgrade value of SLI is significant. We’ve already seen that going from a single $200 GeForce 6600GT to a pair of them offers performance greater than that of a single $400 GeForce 6800GT. Take into account that the price of these cards goes down over time and you’re looking at a pretty decent upgrade path for the future, requiring minimal investment today.

The upgrade path for 6800GT owners is even more enticing; if you’ve only got $400 to spend on a card today you can’t beat the 6800GT as a single card solution. Then, as the price of the 6800GT drops, it may become more attractive for you to upgrade to a second card rather than buying a next generation GPU. As long as we’re between DirectX cycles, SLI enables you to have the fastest most robust graphics setup out there without missing out on much.
    Last edited by Nate89; January 30th, 2005 at 06:18 AM.

Well since we are showing off.....

Samsung SynkMaster 912n Twins

My Towers

I am taking my time on the "New build" and doing it right or what I think is right anyway.

Last edited by Tinker; January 30th, 2005 at 15:42 PM.

Yeah, I do keep the PC table nice and clean. But it does become a tad messy over time
    Nice rig phishhead Notice you have 2 keyboards. Is one USB and the other PS2?
    Whoa....dual LCDs! Must've cost a fortune Tinker...how many inches? Just waiting for someone to drop in with a triple monitor system

Here's a handy freeware utility for ading a taskbar o the second monitor:
    http://www.9xmedia.com/Pages-product...ckgrounds.html

Also, here are some great multi monitor wallpapers:
    http://www.9xmedia.com/Pages-product...ckgrounds.html
    You'll have to tile these to get the dual monitor effect