Thread: Longhorn create new folder fix

Longhorn create new folder fix

Hello, I have recently gotten a beta version of Windows Longhorn and have noticed that you cannot create a new folder from the right-click menu. After looking around on the internet for fixes I have learned that you can use the mkdir command to create one. I have found it tedious to open the command prompt and cd to the directory where I want the new folder so I created a program that would create a new folder automatically. The program was made using AutoIt and there are two ways to use it:

1.) Double-click: copy the program to the directory where you want the new folder and double-click it, and there will be a folder named "New Folder" right there in the same directory where you executed it in. If you execute it again in the same directory, it will create a folder named "New Folder (2)" and so on...

2.) Command prompt: Here is the syntax for executing it from the command prompt:

folder "new folder name" ["new folder name" ["new folder name" ...]]

(The bracketed [] parameters are optional.)

The link:

folder.exe

The fix does not drop any files or registry keys and you can take it off your system by simply deleting it.

I hope that I have helped out!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    This will be beneficial for those needing a fix.