Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psu

Silver Member

Psu

my friend is wanting to upgrade his computer a bit and one of the things is the power supply and he was thinkin about gettin a diable 550 watt psu from tiger PSU
    take a look at it and tell me ur thoughts on it thanks guys

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Stay away from never heard of PSU brands. Go with Enermax, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I agree with Conan

I think PS are the most important, I use the same judgement as I would MB, video cards, ram & the likes. stay with proven name brands IMO.

Silver Member
    ok thanks guys...but how do u know they arent just a undiscovered brand yet that actually is awesome?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    ok thanks guys...but how do u know they arent just a undiscovered brand yet that actually is awesome?
    Just take a look at the ampere ratings. That Diablo PSU rated at 550 watts only delivers 20 amps on the +12 volt line. In comparison, my Enermax 430 watt PSU delivers 33 amps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    We don't, we let others do the beta testing if it proves out then we throw it in our "proven name brands " list

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    We don't, we let others do the beta testing if it proves out then we throw it in our "proven name brands " list
    But isnt that you?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Silver Member
    confusion has arisen in my mind....u talk about the 12v rail being low and at anandtech they recomend the thermaltake power supply and gave it their editors choice award but at tigerdirect i looked at it and heres what i found
    ThermalTake
    +3.3V-30A
    +5V-40A
    +12V-18A
    -12V-0.8A
    -5V-0.3A
    +5VSB2A
    thermaltake

Diablo
    +3.3V-28A
    +5V450A
    +12V-20A
    -12V-0.8A
    -5V-0.5A
    +5VSB -2A
    Diablo

so what i see here is that the diablo has a better 12v rail...and isnt the 12v rail for pentium users..because if thats the case then it wouldnt really apply to me beacuse im all out AMD and the only other difference is that the 3.3v rail is less by 2A...so if u can answer this please do

"As a general rule of thumb, if a PSU looks too cheap to be true, it is exactly that. This is why you should stick to well known manufacturers. Seek a recommendation from a friend, read them specifications very carefully, read as many reviews as possible, and ask at BE".

If you read this guide from bleedinedge.com you will see what Conan and FG are talking about.

Nice link Tinker

Nate89 here's a Good PS that has proven its self in the OC circles, has adjustable pots and the price isn't bad.

well, i have that Diablo PSU, and havent had any problems for the past year. plus, it matched my Diablo Tek Case. lol.

however, its on my list of things to upgrade when i get around (read: get money) to do so. i want to get a better mainstream brand like the ones that have been mentioned.

Silver Member
    i know this probably gets annoying but what about this one? it comes in an Aspire case that im thinkin about getting so that i dont have to buy a psu also Aspire 500w psu

Im thinking about getting that one as well.It comes with the 500w PSU and 5 fans.Very nice looking case.Only complaing ive seen about it is the lights are bright.Also has the built is CPU and MOBO sensor and front temperature display which is nice if you want to OC a pc.

Silver Member
    yes thats probably the same one i was lookin at and i want the TZ vets to help me out here on wheather or not i should get another psu or not if thats the case i may just buy the case off ebay since they sell them without the psu's and cheaper ASPIRE X-Navigator
    Last edited by Nate89; February 2nd, 2005 at 03:27 AM.

yep thats the one.good luck with that.