Thread: wireless broadband

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

wireless broadband

Ok, This is a request from work, and I thought maybe some of you already had this problem. I need to connect a laptop thru a wireless connection (with a Sierra Card or similar) to our network. If for a person that is going to be moving and needs to access local files, but these files are VB programs that access Oracle. I am trying to run some test now to see how much bandwith we need. But.. on the other side
    We are using a t-Mobile wireless card, and according to speed test the connection speeds are 25 kbps download and 7 upload, which are kind of low.
    The area is Delware (around Wilmington and New Castle).
    Which solution do you recomend me to look at, which service, and some help about the service too. I have to get something done kind of quick, so I apreciate any help.
    THANKS

PS: Is there a firewall or something like that that can show me the connection and the bandwith (or connection speed) for each connection?
    Last edited by Dehcbad25; February 1st, 2005 at 19:22 PM.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Hmm... depending on the area of travel... you might be able to get away with WiFi... as hot-spot coverage is increasing daily... then you just have to setup VPN access and will have broadband speeds... Another option might be looking at getting a higher speed cell phone pcmcia card - does USA have 3G yet? or perhaps CDMA??

PS: I know Norton Firewall has a statistics page, might be something similar you are looking for...

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    we have CDMA, and 3G in some metro areas. Here there is no 3G. The connection speed that I posted (25/7) is for a CDMA, and it is extremely slow.
    Anyhow, is there any nice, and easy to understand (and short) description of what is what in wireless broadband?? I have problems with the meanings