Thread: Speakers...argh no sound!!

Speakers...argh no sound!!

Not too sure if you guys will be able to help but i have a great problem in getting speakers/headphones to work with my pc at times and have been unable to get my surround sound speakers to work with the computer, if i gave you certain information (tell me what and how to get it please lol) would anyone be able to give me advice on this?

Silver Member
    update ur sound card drivers for a start....also make model and drivers of ur motherboard/soundcard

where can i upgrade my sound drivers from?

Silver Member
    what kind of motherboard do u have?

Clarkeyboy, Welcome to Techzonez.

As Nate89 stated this is a driver issue. From your responses, it sounds like you need more detailed instructions on how to proceed. I am going to give you a couple of ways to proceed depending on your needs.

We don't know whether the speakers ever worked. Assuming they did, and assuming that you have a manufacturer's driver disk, reinstall the drivers from that disk. These may not be the latest drivers, however if they worked once then they should work again.

If the speakers never worked then you need to find out what motherboard is in your computers and then search the internet (google) for the appropriate driver. You should have received sever books when you bought the computer. One of these books will be for the motherboard. Careful thought, often the book will cover several models.

On most computers the motherboard model number is on the motherboard itself. It can usually be found as a sticker on the board.

Another way to find out which motherboard is in your computer is by downloading/installing Belarc Advisor LINK. This program should be a tool on everyones computer. It provides a lot of valuable information about your computer components and software. Once you know which motherboard you have you can search for latest driver.

Hope this helps.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition