Thread: media library export

Triple Platinum Member

media library export

i want to create an excle sheet containing data frm my media library...(export data)

is there any free software or shareware that'll allow me to do so??

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Rohit,
    I am not sure but I think this is what you want:

Playlist Import to Excel Powertoy

Playlist Import to Excel PowerToy offers an easy way to import audio and video playlists (with the .asx file name extension) from Microsoft Windows Media Player into a spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 or later.

After the playlist is imported to Excel, you can sort and retrieve information for each item in the list, including the name, artist, genre, and bit rate of each file, using the AutoFilter and Sort features in Excel. You can also export the file to HTML to quickly create a Web page containing a catalog of all the audio and video items in the playlist. Additionally, you can chart and graph statistical information about items in the playlist and use the information in other ODBC-compliant programs (such as Microsoft Access).

Using this tool is a two-part process. First, you must prepare the playlist by exporting it from Windows Media Player. Then, you use Playlist Import to Excel PowerToy to import the playlist into Excel.

To export a playlist from Windows Media Player

1. In Windows Media Player, click Media Library, and then expand My Playlists to display the playlists that you have created.
    2. Click the playlist you want to export.
    3. On the File menu, click Export Playlist to File.
    4. Select the folder where you want to save the file.
    5. In File name, enter a name for the file, and then click Save.

To import playlist into Excel

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP, and then click Import Playlist to Excel.
    2. Depending on your security settings, you may get a Security Warning dialog box. If so, click Enable Macros to continue.
    3. Follow the instructions in the Windows Media Playlist Import Tool dialog box. (If you have already exported the playlist, you can skip step 3 in the Import Tool dialog box.)

Note: Very large playlists may need to be separated into smaller playlists before they can be imported. Depending on the amount of track information in your playlist file, Excel can usually import playlists with up to approximately 4000
    It lets you save your playlists and export them to an excel document.

Get the bonus pack below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...bonuspack.aspx

for free. The follow the procedure outlined above in the quotes.

Triple Platinum Member
    thanks bb...i tried the tool and u can see the results here...http://rohitkumar.org/

i had to uninstall after use cuz it kept poping up wid da scrnsvr thingy at every boot..

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I dunno why it had a screensaver at boot.. very odd.. perhaps there was a setting to prevent that?

Triple Platinum Member
    umm no..wat i meant is that it had a window come up with preferences on which scrnsaver i wanted to use...which was rather irritating...so i used it..and dumped it..