Triple Platinum Member
    KC and Bhanu strike again...
    lol

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Here is the latest scam....

Don't fall for it

this is unedited for your enjoyment.

Dearest One,

My name is Mustapha Dane I am 21 years old from Sao Tome and principals in the Gulf of Guinea here in west Africa, my parents died in an auto accident on the 17th August 2004.

I'm contacting you to assist me to claim 23.2 million dollars that my late father deposited in a security company in Cote d'Ivoire before his death.

I want you to help me to retrieve this fund from the security company and transfer it to your account in your country or any safer place as you will be the beneficiary and recipient of the fund and you will also assist me to invest this fund in a very profitable business for me.

Please if you are willing to assist me indicate your interest in replying soonest through this email address: ([email protected]) and also let me know how many percent you will take from the total fund to assist me.

Thanks and best regards.
    Mustapha Dane.

the above email is bogus and they want your money

don't be a sucker
    ------------------------------------------------------------

My favorites are that you have won "whatever" lottery, but yet you didn't enter. This is sooo not possible. I just deleted one about an hour ago.
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    got this today in my Gmail...

Private Email: [email protected]
    Subject: Inheritance Fund
    Date: October 9th, 2006.

Hello,

I apologize if the contents hereunder are contrary to your moral ethics, but please treat it with absolute secrecy and personal courtesy. I am James Dale an Auditor in commercial Bank here in UK, in the process of auditing our bank accounts this Final quarter, I and one of my colleagues recently discovered that there is a dormant account valued at the sum £10,000,000.00 (Ten Million British Pound Sterling) and after due verification of this account we discovered that the account owner is late and that is why the account has been dormant and as such a £10,000,000.00 has been lying in the bank unclaimed.

The idea of presenting a foreigner to act as his next of kin came into our mind, as you know the said deceased is a foreigner as well. Hence, that is how and why we have contacted you to present you as his next of kin, so that the £10,000,000.00 will be paid to you and we can both disburse the fund according to the percentage we will agree upon.

In view of this, I am seeking for your co-operation and understanding to stand as the next of kin to our deceased customer, to enable us claim the fund from my bank.

Hence, if this proposal is OK by you and you do not wish to take undue advantage of my trust, then I hope to bestow on you. Please kindly get back to me immediately, strictly via my private email address only: [email protected] to enable me enlighten you on how we are to proceed.

On getting your response, we shall agree on the percentage ratio on which we shall disburse the £10,000,000.00 between us, as we intend to invest part of our own share in real estate or any lucrative business in your country, and we would appreciate if you can put us in the right part where we can invest our own share in your country. I will not contact any person or company until I hear from you, so as to enable me decides
    on what to do next.

Be rest assured that this business is 100% risk free.

We wait for your prompt response.

Best Regards,
    James Dale.

NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU ARE NOT RELATED TO MY LATE CLIENT OR NOT; THE FUND WILL STILL BE PAID TO YOU, SINCE I AM PRESENTING YOU AS HIS NEXT OF KIN.